Truthwitch, by Susan Dennard

booksnstitches's review against another edition

It's been a while since I got so sucked into the world. I love these stories where you just get thrown into the middle of the action. And boy, there was tons of action. I loved thr friendships, and how nuch valur was put on them. And the romance, it made me giddy with excitement. I'm in love.

sorceress_digi's review against another edition

It was alright. Lots of world-building that’s only somewhat explained. Safi was an interesting character. Merik was eeeehhhh. Iseault (which i have more than likely spelled wrong) was... eh. I don’t have any real feelings toward her. I did like Evraine. But yeah... just overall alright.

incryptia's review against another edition

It took me some time to get into the story at first, but after that I was completely intrigued by the world created in this book and its fascinating characters. Cannot wait for the sequel :)!

niki_kal's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

flamecaster's review against another edition

female friendships are so precious; every ya book ever should take note. i love the world and the magic system, everything was super refreshing and cool. enjoyed this book a lot and defo looking forward to the next one.

carlita_is_probably_reading's review against another edition

Uppercase has done it again! Another good read and I can't wait for the next installment! I'm anxious to see where the story leads and how it will turn out in the long run. For now though..it's good! I almost want to give it 4 stars but I'll give it a 3.5 for now...even though I really enjoyed it more than that. I just can give out those stars like candy though!

I guess each book will carry on with the main story but focus on a different witch!? So does the title for book 2 mean it's gonna follow Merick!!!!!! Ooo la la!

alishalaurit's review against another edition

3.5 stars

This book was really slow in the beginning and it took me a while to get through the first 200 pages. I was confused because of all the world building and Susan doesn't just tell you what's going on. I don't find that a negative though because it makes the ending so much better when it's not really obvious. The 2nd half of the book was much faster paced and I really ended up enjoying it.

robynldouglas's review against another edition

3.5 that I'm rounding up, because I enjoyed this tale of two young women facing international intrigue, sorcery (witchery?), unstoppable opponents, and their own natures. The book could use a little more explanation about its magic system (it becomes mostly clear by the end, but it's all a bit muddled through most of the book) and a little less urgent, action-verb sentences. But I shall keep reading, without a doubt.

moodreaderkat's review against another edition

RTC