Reviews tagging 'Medical content'

The Lights of Prague, by Nicole Jarvis

m4rtt4's review

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

The vibes were there, but nothing else was. Don't be fooled, this was nothing like the Shades of Magic trilogy. Too much information with too little explanation, in addition to everything happening in the span of a couple of days. Ora was the only character I liked, I'd actually like to read a whole book about her life. I also loved the underground Prague! Don't know why I read the whole thing as I already wanted to dnf like 50 pages in.

kindra_demi's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

I don't read a whole lot of paranormal/supernatural books but I did really like this book! The writing style makes it even easier to get yourself into 19th century Prague.

The story follow a two different povs which are quite clearly distinct: that of a blue collar worker and a high society lady. One of a vampire hunter and the other of a vampire. And with these opposing situations, the stories join together into a fun and easy read about learning who the real villains are.

About the only complaint I have for it (and this could be simply I just missed it while listening to the audio book), other supernatural characters would be introduced but as someone without a lot of knowledge about supernatural, I didn't always know what kind of creature they were talking about.