Famous, by Blake Crouch

thebookborrower's review against another edition

I was expecting some sort of great reveal. Never happened. This book was great and the idea was brilliant, but the way it was executed, with there not even being a third act and having a hella confusing ending, it made me dislike the book even more.

tobesmagobes's review

Dark, funny, stupid, I enjoyed the hell out of this.

the_graylien's review

I've got a cold and I really don't feel like writing a review for this book, but I'm going to to tell you that it's like "The Catcher in the Rye", but with a disturbed man who seeks to masquerade as a movie star who he happens to look exactly like... and it's damned awesome.

dharaiter's review

Frankly, I'll read anything by Blake Crouch. I actually have, most of his books. Famous is one of his earlier works and you will know that just by reading the first chapter.

The plot, although not unique, kept me curious the whole time. It was unpredictable. And, man, can Crouch get into the skin of the human psyche and create disturbing characters. Lance was vulnerable and terrifying both at the same time and he didn't show either of those sides.

I had trouble with the editing of the book. Blake's writing, as usual, was flowy and smooth, but there were places where I thought the grammar was confusing, and there were typos. It basically seemed like a rough draft. The book also needed closure. It was very abrupt. It seemed like the last act was missing.

It's a 3.5-star book for me.

ajs2327's review

dark emotional funny mysterious medium-paced

tin_squid's review against another edition

pretty entertaining throughout, the ending was a little abrupt. I would have loved for the book to be a bit longer. at the same time tho, it was a completely logical way for Lance/Jim to end up.

dharaiter's review against another edition

It's a 3.5-star book for me.