The Unmaking of June Farrow by Adrienne Young

mstapel's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful mysterious medium-paced

thebluehaired_reader_'s review against another edition

Holy wow. This was a no brainer 5 stars. The time travel elements, the mystery and suspense clouding the background. It was incredible.

I am seriously speechless. The writing was exquisite, the story just held me captivated and kept me on the edge of my seat. The twists oh man. So good.

June is in such a predicament. I felt so frustrated on her behalf so many times and heartbreak. She was amazing. And then Eamon. I have no words. He just is protective and loyal and a beautiful man.

I read it tandem with the audiobook and the narrator completely blew me away. The way she brought this story to life, she captured everything so perfectly. I just cannot get over how amazing this book was. Highly recommend.

iriselise's review against another edition

emotional mysterious medium-paced

lexkv66's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

condls27's review against another edition

emotional mysterious fast-paced

I could tell from the first chapter that this was one of those books I could read in one sitting. I had to force myself to put the book down. This has the haunting and angsty vibes that we got in Spells for Forgetting but still its own unique story. I loved it, Adrienne Young is officially an auto-buy author for me now!

alexblackmon's review

mysterious medium-paced

nonbinarylibrarianwitch's review

emotional mysterious tense medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

youngling80's review

Well, that was fantastic!

I've had this book on my TBR since before it was released. I've read Young's The Narrows series and Spells for Forgetting , but picking up this one kept getting postponed until I grabbed it on sale for my Kindle a few weeks ago. When a friend posted a review of it a few days ago, I thought, "Oh yeah! I need to read that one," so I started it last night and could not put it down. I messaged my friend at 20% to say "girrrrrl, I'm all 🤔 ... then 😮, and now I cannot wait until tomorrow to find out what happens." I told my friend that I would blame her for my lack of sleep today, but really it's Adrienne's fault for writing such a sublime novel that I was unable to set it aside in favor of sleep. (Surely, my complete lack of self-control when it comes to books can't be at fault, right?)

Yep. It's great. Not going to spoil it for you, but there's a little bit of everything in there ... a family curse to unravel, murder, a mystery to solve, touch of romance, family dynamics. Read it. You'll thank me later.

lisaab22's review