Airhead, by Meg Cabot

prettylightsandcitynights's review against another edition

This book is about a young tomboy whose brain is transplanted into a supermodels body so that she could survive. Now she has to pretend to be someone else and still get her old crush, Christopher, to see past her beautiful face.

It was okay during the book but when you get to the end, it leaves you hanging.

foreveryoungadult's review

Graded By: Meghan
BFF Charm: Yay
Swoonworthy Scale: 8
Talky Talk: Right On
Bonus Factors: Weird Science
Relationship Status: Dishy Girlfriend

Read the full book report here.

boksparv's review against another edition

3.5 stars

jennoux's review against another edition

Meg Cabot books are always fun to read!

I wasn't expecting a sci fi kind of book and it totally surprised me! The concept was cool but it was getting a little bit boring toward the middle. I will continue the series to see where this is going!

theartolater's review against another edition

New Meg Cabot YA! Squee! Okay, that’s out of the way - it’s the most absurd premise since the modern Arthurian Avalon High, and ends more abruptly than most of her serials, but still a fun read. I still can’t not recommend a Meg Cabot book.

suziereads's review against another edition

I absolutely loved this book, I finished it within five or six hours (a miracle in my case). And my hands are aching for [b:Being Nikki|5135798|Being Nikki (Airhead, #2)|Meg Cabot|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1328840336s/5135798.jpg|3989884] the sequal. This was such a fun and delightful read.

I remember reading a review here that said that she loved it until everything came together so easily. And I just wanted to say that that was exactly why I loved it so much. Em is a smart girl who ends up having her brain transplanted into the body of a supermodel. Meg Cabot gives Em credit for her intellect. Before the brain transplant, she used to watch surgery programs on Discovery Channel for fun, thus when accidentally finding the scar on her/Nikki's skull, she connects the dots quickly from the behavior of her family, the doctors, Nikki's friends and from the programs she used to watch.

Right there we get to know that this young woman, who is discribed as smart, actually is smart. Haven't we all read books where the heroine calls herself (and by others) smart? But we never see that happening? Not in anyway get that vertified? Well in Airhead we do.

I find it funny that I like Em more as Nikki, than Em as... well, in her own body. I love that her being in Nikki's body, she gives things (this that she scoffed at or made fun of) a chance and actually liking them.

I am not in any way an animal lover, but I absolutely adore the dog. So cute!!

sparklesandnargles's review against another edition

imagine if you woke up and found yourself in someone else's body, but with your own brain still functioning...That's what Em Watts finds herself in after an accident at the Stark Store. now, she's trapped in the famous Nicki Howard's body and has to live her life. The question is, can she?

It's a fresh, fun, engaging book that you really have to read. Plus, it'll tug on your heartstrings, too.

onetruenorth's review against another edition

i feel like this is the sort of book i would have loved and cherished when i was in middle school: now that i’m older, i can see some of the flaws that it encompasses. for one, almost the entire plot, dialogue, and main character’s thoughts are based entirely on stereotypes. em watts is definitely a “not like the other girls” kind of character - she’s a tomboy who likes video games and detests the popular kids at school, who hate her right back. she pretends not to enjoy celebrity gossip like her little sister, yet somehow finds herself reading all of her teen magazines cover to cover anyways. the rich people are gorgeous yet dumb. somehow, though, i found myself really enjoying the book anyways. perhaps it’s my deeply rooted love for ‘celebrity’ stories. it’s hard to say, but it was a quick and easy read (although i wish i’d known going into it that it was part of a series!)

samcarlin's review against another edition

I had high hopes for another Meg Cabot book, but this one didn't live up to them. The book just bored me and the characters were unrealistic.

williamsdebbied's review against another edition

First in a series, so this book is mostly setup. I never really bought in to the bizarre premise, so I had a hard time getting into the story. Thought this was not my cup of tea, I can imagine some of the teen girls I know getting into the wish-fulfillment aspect of the story--average girl wakes up after an accident as a rich supermodel.