Made for You, by Anyta Sunday

achillespatroclus's review

emotional lighthearted slow-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A

crunden's review

This was such a lovely read! :')

taylorsprobablyreading's review

Okay...SO fucking cute!!! This was lowkey slow burn??? Like, it was inevitable. Ben was not subtle at all, from the very beginning. Jack was not subtle about being head over heels for Ben, but not wanting to compromise his job. So, you were kinda just like....when are y’all gonna fuck? When are y’all gonna hold hands? When are y’all gonna confess your love and commit yourselves to each other and raise a family of your own??? And then BAM it happens and all is well.

liza5326's review

This is an example of age-gap and UST done right!!! The sexual tension was crackling off the page and it still had that awwwwww quality to it at some points. Plenty of humor and sweetness, but the payoff was oh so sweet! And I loved Milo! He was the perfect kid-balance in this story.

cantwritebcimbip's review against another edition

This was a wonderful story. I love the dynamics between the characters and the familial and romantic relationships in the book. Ben was an incredibly realistic character that brought a lot of life to this story. I enjoyed seeing Ben try to be a good brother and a good role model for his younger brother Milo. The teacher-guardian trope was a little cheesy and the fact that Jack also happened to be involved in housing was a little too convenient but I still think it was both funny and full of heart.

There's a lot to unpack. Both adults wanted something different out of their future. Jack wanted a villa he's been dreaming of having for eight years and Ben wants to move on and give a better life for his brother and himself after the loss of their parents, and Milo just wanted his home back.

I loved that they were written as two independent souls trying to find their way through their struggles but together were a uniting force. Ben was loud, a bit childish but honest and he cared a lot about his family and friends. He was having a hard time coping over his parents' death but he tried hard for his family to keep it all together. Also, he and his brother love birds !

Jack was a strong lead for a secondary character, a school teacher who couldn't help but adore the kids he looked after, and someone who has a hard-on for building stuff. He loves houses, and designs and he's always thinking about what he wants his home to look like, and get out of his ex's house!

Due to pressure from the school and peers and society in general, they couldn't meet their attraction full force. Of course, this is a romance book. So yes, they really couldn't wait THAT long.

Ahem. Anyway. This was incredibly funny, and cute and I related to Ben's grief well. I felt like the dialogue could be fantastical at times, and real the others, and it was a good mix.

To wrap it all up, I thought this book was a sweet read. It didn't get too heavy or too cheesy and I think that it's definitely something to pick up. I recommend this book for everyone!

jce's review

hopeful lighthearted

rissa53's review

So sweet, couldn't put this down!

I adore this author's works!

Jack <3 Ben and Milo! :) Epilogue, swoon!

The bird puns were awesome!

ktomp17's review

This was such a sweet book. There was age gap and slow burn, and it was so awesome. Ben is 24 and taking care of his brother after their parents passed away. He is struggling with making sure he does the best he can, but both Ben and Milo are struggling with grief and how to navigate their new reality. Milo is (understandably) struggling in school, but most of the teachers Milo has are not very supportive or helpful. Jack is his woodworking teacher, and sees the potential in Milo.

Ben wants to get out of the family house. It holds too many memories. Milo feels a connection there and doesn’t want to leave. Jack is living with his ex and his boyfriend and is miserable. When Ben asks him to renovate their house, they have a strong connection. Jack is afraid of the age gap and the role he plays at school, but they clearly have feelings for each other. I loved the slow burn. By the time the guys got together, they knew it was what they each wanted and there was no room for doubts. They were sweet together, and I loved watching them help Milo grow into a strong young man.

I really loved this. I did not read the first book, and it did not detract from this. I may have liked to know more about Luke and Sam, but it wasn’t necessary for the enjoyment of this book.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by LesCourt Author Services

endemictoearth's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

4.5 stars.

This book could have been maudlin, but it's not. It's just a very well done portrayal of working through grief while getting on with the rest of life, because there's no choice.

I was happy to see Jack get his romance, after seeing him be gently let down in the first of this series, but for me, this was Ben's book. He's trying his best and failing a lot at being a guardian to his younger brother, and he doesn't get a lot of support. This is another story about a family coming together and I'm a sucker for those.

midori's review

This hit the spot - I haven't read Anyta Sunday for a while and I forgot how much I enjoy her writing. Ben and Milo are both so vulnerable and strong and Jack was such a right fit for them. I loved reading about them. This book has just the right (for me) balance of fluff and emotion and fun.