Reviews tagging Panic attacks/disorders

The Switch, by Beth O'Leary

kirasamana's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

4,5 stars. This is so cute!
Leena and het grandmother switch lives. So Leena goes to live in a small town and takes on all the chores her grandmother does in het community while het grandma goes to London and does the same.
This is such a heartwarming story! I LOVE the community feeling and the side-characters both in London and in the small village. I also love the perspective of the grandmother. She is so kind and sassy and just wonderfull to read about!

The only thing that was "missing" for me was the romance between Leena and her love interest. I feel like there needs to be a part two where they dive into their relationship. Would love to read that!

Overall this is a really fast, fun and fluffy read. The only "trigger" would be that there is a lot of talk about grief and how to deal with someone passing away too soon. (don't worry, it's not the amazing grandmother. Not really a spoiler because you find out very soon in the book who passed away).

gracegeeks's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

i think i need to switch lives with my grandparents

purplepenning's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

novelbabe's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

maggies's review

adventurous emotional hopeful sad slow-paced

I might just be bitter because I had high hopes for this book, but it fell very short compared to The Flatshare, which I found clever and touching and true to life. The Switch, while the premise is promising, felt flat, two-dimensional. I struggled to connect with most of the characters, couldn't get a grip on their personalities and motivations, and ultimately really disliked the moral of the story, which boiled down to
Spoiler"meddling is good."
The HEA was as satisfying as I could expect, given all the above.

froggybex's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

i cried.

I LOVED THIS. I loved the story and writing styles and how funny it was and the characters. However, I struggled with reading this and it took a while to read. this is mainly bc of simply HOW many named characters there are, I was constantly getting confused and had to keep checking the x-ray on the kindle app. I felt like some of these characters didn’t need to be named but most of them i loved.

eligru's review

adventurous funny hopeful sad medium-paced

doodeedoda's review against another edition

emotional hopeful lighthearted reflective relaxing slow-paced

martapsalvado's review

funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted slow-paced

This book is pretty much everything I wanted it to be. Romance plays an important role, but it's even more about family and friendship, and how those support systems can help you finding yourself. It's sweet and lighthearted without being boring. The characters are very well developed and loveable, it's impossible not to form an attachment and root for them. I found the story engaging and it leaves the reader with a simple but beautiful message in the end. It's probably not a book that will change your life drastically or shift in your seat, but it's a fun and wholesome read and sometimes that's just what you need.

deverills's review

funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This reads like a cute Hallmark film! Despite being a little predictable, I found myself entertained. I do wish one aspect of the main plot had been explored more (
Spoiler Carla's death
), but I understand that would have probably turned the book into something the author didn't intend to. A quick and easy read for the weekend.