maddiedresen's review

“Just be happy. And if you can’t be happy, do things that make you happy. Or do nothing either the people that make you happy.”

jefrang's review against another edition

I'm very glad I read this. Esther Earl was an excellent writer, especially considering her young age, and the book was edited together very well, combining her journals with her family's updates, essays by friends, etc. all together to form one continuous, multi-perspective, complete story that was never overly positive, negative, religious, or anything else. It felt genuine to me and I appreciate all the love and care that went into telling her story. I'm so glad it's out in the world in such a beautiful form.

cweichel's review against another edition

Oh yes, It was a tear jerker.

khaos's review against another edition

I cried, and I barely ever cry for books, no matter how moved/sad/happy I am. It was brilliant, and made all the more touching because it was real. I connected to Esther's feelings so much, especially her frustration of not being able to make a difference in the world, and reading the book was bittersweet, as I also felt a little sad about how much I would have loved to be in her friend group. I wear her wristband as much as I can to remind me of her memory, and how she lived her dazzling life. I knew of her when she was alive, but never spoke to her. I wish I had had the honour. Rest in Awesome, Esther.

voidboi's review against another edition

Crying. Crying everywhere.

scarletnerded25's review against another edition

Such an emotional read. I am so inspired by Esther and her courage throughout her battle. People like her are very rare and I am so happy to have got to read her story.

jennz22's review against another edition

This was pretty good! I didn't know what to expect and I was quite surprised! I really love Harry Potter and John Green and I learned a lot about these fandoms!

fantasticmiddle05's review against another edition

This book is an amazing tribute to a wonderful young woman. The writing is real, raw and emotional. Anyone who is a member of nerdfighteria should read this.

jybaker's review against another edition

I can't begin to imagine how difficult it was for Lori and Wayne Earl to put this book together. I fell in love with Esther, and shed many tears as I read. John Green's introduction alone was worth the price of the book.

bridgetkilburn's review against another edition

so good