Reviews tagging 'Cultural appropriation'
The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas
eimearz's review against another edition
mysterious tense slow-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? No
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
My absolute favourite book of all time. Dumas is a master at writing slowly-unraveling plots, and I am in a perpetual state of rereading it despite its length.
Moderate: Alcohol, Confinement, Death of parent, Grief, Slavery, Child death, Death, Infidelity, Misogyny, and Suicide attempt
Minor: Lesbophobia, Racism, Slavery, Ableism, Cultural appropriation, Drug use, Adult/minor relationship, and Antisemitism