Book Lovers, by Emily Henry

m_xxh's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

lgreyna3's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

bookwormsunited's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

pisola's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing sad fast-paced

nova_nova's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious reflective relaxing medium-paced

jasminebell's review against another edition

in love almost instantly. Nora is me and Charlie is my man. this was my first Emily Henry book and i want more. the hater was top tier and the chemistry was everything. I’m glad she didn’t compromise herself and it was just perfection.

dnfnotdtf's review against another edition

Damn i really loved this book! The characters, the epilogue oof, so well written AND the third act conflict wasnt some bs miscommunication so hallelujah! It made sense. Gah, i need more and now im sad that it's over and love what they did with the referencing of the tropes and i also like that i understood the Pop culture references which is fun. So wohooo, 2 smol cries, lots of girlie squeals and excellent banter later, here we go 5 stars wohooo

kjtheo's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

maris's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective relaxing medium-paced

acouplereadss's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

Nora Stephens’ is not your typical heroine. She’s not the laidback one nor the small town sweetheart. Nora is a cutthroat literary agent with no time for games and her ex boyfriends keep leaving her for the cliche small town gal. When Nora’s sister suggests they go to Sunshine Falls, a small town in North Carolina, Nora begrudgingly agrees. Her sister is determined to find Nora’s happily ever after but instead of picnics in meadows and run ins with handsome men, Nora keeps bumping into Charlie Lastra, a brooding editor from back in the city. They’ve met often but it’s never been a meet cute. But as they keep getting thrown together their walls begin to fall.

This is probably one of the biggest titles of the year that I’ve seen floating around bookstagram. While I enjoyed the witty banter and the spin on the usual tropes I found this really long. I like my romances at a crisp 280-320 page range but over 400 lost me a bit. It dragged on for me and I just wanted to get to the point. Maybe it was my mood? Maybe I didn’t resonate with the story? Or perhaps I needed a darker story as I do like my romance books to have me sobbing. You reading this review will probably love it, but it’s a 3⭐️ from me.