Shuri (2018-) #6, by Vita Ayala

Nah

frantic_vampire's review

adventurous challenging mysterious fast-paced

fragglefrancis's review

I've been really enjoying this series, but this issue fell a little flat for me. In an attempt for a crossover (Miles Morales AND Kamala Khan! Yes!) there were large chunks of expositionary dialogue that weren't super fun to read, and the plotline got muddled.
That said, the art was incredible. While the style itself wasn't for me, it was dynamic, busting panels like nobody's business. The portal-related stuff was beautiful, and Miles' energy was captured perfectly. Even though it was just one panel, I'm not so sure about Paul Davidson's Kamala.
Overall, I thought it was a great crossover, I just wish it has somehow been closer linked to the (Very urgent!) plot of the comic.

daniellecheri's review

Loved that Shuri got to work with Miles Morales. And can't wait for more Kamala Khan in the next edition!

theresidentbookworm's review

My (Very) Brief Thoughts on Shuri #6

1. Issues #6 and 7 both feature Vita Ayala as a guest writer in place of the series' regular writer Nnedi Okorafor. I like the idea of a guest writer, but not in a series this unbalanced in terms of plot. Shuri really doesn't feel like it has a definitive arc, and these two guest issues by Vita Ayala don't help with that. That being said, both of Ayala's issues are at least fun, which is more than I can say about some of the series' regular issues.

2. I love the idea of a Miles Morales/Shuri team-up. It's a team-up that I'm not sure the MCU will ever give us, but I love it. I wish the execution of this issue was better, but the concept (and the amazing cover) gets an A for me.

3. Issues #6 and 7 also feature a guest artist, Paul Davidson. His art is... fine, I guess? I really like the regular artist, and I'm not really into Davidson's style for this issue.

readermonica's review

Although I have enjoyed these stories, I won't be reading them individually anymore. I'll be waiting for the bind ups. I don't enjoy getting the stories in such small doses.

Where you can find me: