livinglifewithlinds's review

informative reflective medium-paced

han_estherr's review

I really loved this point of view! It's a great perspective of using and evaluating our negative emotions rather than avoiding them. Changing the way we view our warning signs and finding a "want" in the things we do. Good read!

rebeckyfay's review

changed my life!! this book should be required reading for all humans

simreader12's review

hopeful informative fast-paced

tommycaso's review

Good, but not great. Claims not to be a self-help book, but the vibes are still there. Again, there was a lot of this I already knew, and it seemed quite drawn out. I will likely need to re-read it to get some more concrete takeaways, but it is a good reminder—for instance—to take a step back from your emotions, know that emotions don't define you, and ask what the function of the emotion is, ie, what action it leads you to

bookworm42's review

This book was well laid out, with good examples that really helped me unpack a few key pieces in my life; I recommend it.

makenziedopierala's review

randamashnouk's review

"Courage is not an absence of fear; courage is fear walking."

Each chapter covers a mental aspect that's distinct from the previous one yet intertwined with it constructively. I loved the last chapter; 'Raising Emotionally Agile Children,' even though I'm not around any child nor do I have one. But it's nice to reflect on our childhood and see how it can be different now, and how we can do better to new generations.

A main point I can take away from this book, is that distress and discomfort are inevitable in life, not in a bad way, but in a way that helps us grow and reflect. So, stressing about stress instead of accepting it would just be counterproductive and unhealthy.

There are plenty of other points in this book, but anyways, a little review won't do the book its justice, so I suggest you read it!

allegraintegra's review against another edition

I appreciate this as a larger work, but feel the original article that spurred this book covers things just fine. I have a background in psychology myself so that might be why I enjoyed this but didn't find it particularly groundbreaking.

ratherbreading14's review against another edition