The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

chemwizard22's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful mysterious sad tense medium-paced

annapurtell's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious slow-paced

bee54's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring mysterious tense medium-paced

ashleyhoss820's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark hopeful inspiring mysterious tense medium-paced

lucymaj's review against another edition

adventurous dark funny hopeful inspiring reflective relaxing medium-paced

First half is amazing - enteraining, well-paced, gripping. I love Treebeard and the ends. Second half is okay but much slower (less going on) and took me a while to get through.

hesmykindofgirl's review against another edition

Tolkien: this is a book about male friendship :) it isn't gay at all !!!!!!
also Tolkien:
"Sam had noticed that at times a light seemed to be shining faintly within; but now the light was even clearer and stronger. Frodo's face was peaceful... old and beautiful... [Sam] shook his head as if finding words useless and murmured 'I love him. He's like that, and sometimes it shines through, somehow. But I love him, whether or no.'"

"Gollum found them some hours later... in [Sam's] lap lay Frodo's head, drowned in sleep; upon his white forehead lay one of Sam's brown hands, and the other lay softly on his master's breast. Peace was in both their faces."

okay so my 3 star rating isn't really honest but I think it's the best way of rating this book. let me explain:
book 3 of this was a trek for me. about half-way through I realised the only characters I really am invested in are Sam and frodo - I really couldn't care less about gandalf! I still enjoyed the fun bits with merry and pippin and some aragorn and gimli, but all the political talk honestly just bored me, and it dragged. 2/5 stars.
book 4 of this however was exceptional! I adore Sam and frodo and their interactions with gollum, I consumed their half in one sitting, and was left heartbroken by the ending. 4/5 stars - which could have been 5/5 if Tolkien had only made this section longer.
will definitely be reading the next book in the series for this, if only for Sam and frodo.

backpackfullofbooks's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious tense slow-paced

zozobacon's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional medium-paced

sccrethistory's review against another edition

Este libro es tan genial como esperaba, tras leerme la primera parte espere un poco para leerme la ssegunda pero sinceramente no se como espere tanto para hacerlo. Esta mucho mejor que la primera parte ya que la mitad del libro es desde una perspectiva y la otra parte desde otra, asi puedes tener una visiĆ³n mayor de lo que esta ocurriendo.

Yo no se como pueden enamorarme tanto los Hobbits, Pippin y Sam son mis favoritos aunque Merry no se queda atras ya que es igual de genial. El unico que no me gusta es Frodo, puede parecer ironico pero sinceramente no es un personaje que me llegue como lo hacen los demas. Legolas es lo mejor de este mundo junto a Aragorn y Gimli. Y los momentos que tienen Legolas y Gimli son los mas graciosos del libro, y eso me encanta.

El caso es que ya cuento los dias para poder leerme la ultima parte y kcjsdkpsddd

allisonw0617's review against another edition