It's in His Kiss: Bridgerton, by Julia Quinn

chawnreads's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

I really like hyacinth and gareth! I thought their story was a bit more intriguing than the others, I wasn’t a huge fan of the way it ended, but overall it was fun to read.

rankkaapina's review against another edition

I will finish the series, but I feel like these are not getting better... I think they start out good, but then from half-way on I'm just waiting for it to end. Part of it is, that there is so many sex scenes, that are just unnecessary and considering the time these are suppose to take place in, takes me out of the story. Not necessarily even the fact that they have sex, but it's just so much from the perspective of today. And the heroines are supposed to be smart, yet they have no issues with doing things that could ruin them and the heros are supposed to be so respectful, but they don't respect the women they love enough to wait.

And that's not the only modern thing. I think I just know too much about the era, to not really believe that these things are happening... Anyway, I do enjoy the books and I can't not read the last one in the series, but I think I really need to read something different after that. Maybe finish some of the other books that I'm reading, now when I'm not too stressed to actually concentrate :)

madubridgerton's review against another edition

4.5: Eu amo essa relação dos bridgertons com a Lady Danbury e simplesmente me encantei com a amizade da hyacinth com ela.Alem disso o desenvolvimento do casal e divertido e tão interessante de se acompanhar.E engraçado e cativante e você consegue se identificar com a hyacinth em tantos aspectos.Vou ser sincera que eu queria mais dessa história.Nao sei se gostei do epílogo porque eu queria saber da reação da hyacinth quando descobrisse onde estava as jóia, ademais gostaria de saber mais sobre a vida de casados deles.Tirando isso eu amei o livro demais, TOP 3 Bridgertons.

thenia's review against another edition

This book has a little bit of a mystery in it apart from the romance. I could relate with Hyacinth a lot, Lady Danbury was delightful as always and Gareth was an interesting character.

A good story, all in all.

But...
SpoilerWhy would you put them back?!?

jetti's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

amino's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

By far, the most interesting plot of the series. And I feel I can say that with confidence because even though there’s one book (and several second epilogues) left, it won’t be nearly adventurous as Hyacinth’s story because, well, it’s Hyacinth. Somehow even though it’s an almost 400 page book, their love story felt a bit rushed. But maybe that’s because I felt like moments that needed elaboration were brushed over and vice versa. Still, I couldn’t put it down and here I am, attempting to sleep at nearly 4:00 a.m. when I have work tomorrow morning. If that doesn’t speak to how much I enjoyed reading this, I don’t know what does.

quasinaut's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny fast-paced

Oh, Hyacinth. Somehow, Julia Quinn made me like and understand a character who I'd only found obnoxious, rude, and far too nosy anytime she appeared or was mentioned in previous books in the series.

I particularly enjoyed the interactions with Lady Danbury, the insightful conversations with mama Bridgerton (and the ensuing introspection by Hyacinth), and, at least initially, the mystery of the diary. That said, I didn't get Hyacinth's reckless and enduring obsession with the diamonds. Overall, fun but not my favorite.

lubsisreading's review against another edition

eu sou apaixonada pela hyacinth, apenas.

dflick2012's review against another edition

They are getting kind of repetitive... I am really sick of the overprotective male character. I enjoyed Hyacinth and the search for the diamonds.

ljrobt's review against another edition

Hyacinth is super witty, but the banter wasn't as top-tier as in some of the others. The subplot is over the top and fun, but felt underdeveloped. This was a very fun book to listen to while commuting, but I wouldn't reread it.