Verity, by Colleen Hoover

saritad's review against another edition

READ !!!! THIS !!!! BOOK !!!!

kristinpollock's review against another edition

dark mysterious sad tense fast-paced

lexiscee's review against another edition

Uhh yeah. I know this book is a thriller and all, but this book is crazy.

I feel like I don't know Lowen's character at all, despite this book being in first person present tense.

I can handle a lot of dark books, but the dark themes/topics in this book put me more on edge for some reason. Maybe because children are involved. But it got too dark too fast for me.

The sheer amount of sex scenes is honestly ridiculous. I felt like 70% of the book talked about sex.

And the ending was purely for shock value. And parts of the plot were just too unbelievable.

That being said, I gave a star for the writing style. Despite the plot itself being slow moving, the writing style was engaging and kept me in suspense, and I enjoyed the tidbits about being a writer.

emmaniele's review against another edition

aspenbutler's review against another edition

Verity was my first Colleen Hoover book. Verity has been the best book I have read in a VERY long time.

I'm pretty open to all genres and when I was gifted this book for my birthday (thank you Payton!), I was excited to read this. Especially with all the hype on social media.

Colleen Hoover blew my expectations out of the water. This read was creepy, disturbing, spicy, appalling, jaw dropping, and wildly entertaining. My HR LITERALLY was elevated while I read this.

I wish I could make myself forget everything I read, just to read it again. Well done, Colleen Hoover, well done.

missy_2018's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional reflective sad tense fast-paced

laurajan12's review against another edition

3.5/5

Great pacing which kept the story interesting. Dark and twisted and a little spicy. My issue with it is the underdeveloped relationship between the main character and her crush wasn’t believable and the dialogue was a bit awkward at times. Overall a very fun read!

vicky__reads's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

Soo good but not what I expected

theliteraryhooker's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

This was a compelling enough read, but I doubt it'll leave any long-standing impression. I really enjoyed the set up and it kept me turning the pages, but the characters all kinda suck in their own unique ways and their actions didn't make any kind of sense. I also sought out the bonus chapter which I found undid a lot of what was satisfying about the original ending, which knocked off half a star. Not opposed to trying another CoHo someday, but this was just okay for me.

maryrosegibson's review against another edition

I enjoyed reading this book but there were too many plot holes for the twist to make sense.