Lore, by Alexandra Bracken

karlation's review

fast-paced

lodaddy's review

adventurous inspiring slow-paced

sara_malo's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

kassireneew's review

This was too hyped for me. It was fine. But it was not really as good as I had hoped. I liked the action focus and not focusing romance or anything. I was not too surprised or taken away by anything that happened. I felt it was a but predictable in places. Overall decent read but still felt it a bit over hyped.

drowningfaithh's review

3.5 stars

I was invested in it at the beginning because the opening scene was super exciting and fast-paced. I wanted to know about the world and the Agon. Then Castor appeared and I was??? Screaming?? Childhood friends/shared past will never not get me. But somehow I lost interest along the way. I don’t know if it was because I was preoccupied with school and kept stopping putting the book down or the story just got a bit boring. But by the halfway stretch, I just wanted to finish the story.

Regardless, I enjoyed the ruthless killing and the mysteries and betrayals. What I liked most about it were the relationships/friendship dynamics between Lore, Miles, Castor, and Van. I tabbed most of their interactions because it was just pure and fun to see. At the halfway point it focused more on the plot and less on the character interactions, so it could be why I lost interest, too.

If you want an action-packed story with murderers, then this is it. I might reread this another time when I’m in a better headspace and not consumed with school.

PS: Castor and Lore were cute but Van and Miles were something else >>>

jadereader08's review

This book delivered everything I wanted, and it strangely became a comfort book with soft characters and a dark plot. It’s the beautiful child of Greek lore, Addie LaRue, and strangely Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

weecha22's review

There was a lot I liked about this but also a lot I struggled with. It’s battle Royale and the world building is interesting but hefty. I really struggled to understand the rules and the point to everything. But I had zero idea on the twists that came so I really enjoyed that aspect. I will say this is a bit more gruesome than I expected. I liked that Lore is a bit different from the usual character. She’s ready to battle and wants to. She’s angry at the patriarchy of her world and I liked her calling Athena out on it.

lina_m06's review

adventurous inspiring mysterious tense medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

charj05's review against another edition

A fun take on Greek mythology!