Reviews tagging Medical content

Act Your Age, Eve Brown, by Talia Hibbert

wellreadmegs's review

emotional funny reflective medium-paced

I think after two books that I thoroughly enjoyed it was going to be hard to keep up. I did still really like this book & thought Talia Hibbert did a great job of showing autism in a romance novel in a way that wasn't pushy or demeaning. I appreciated Eve finally coming into her own and speaking up for herself. I personally just wasn't as into this storyline as the others, and that could just mean that it wasn't as relatable to me - but the representation could be so important to someone else! I did appreciate the spicy scenes however, Talia Hibbert can still write those so well. Overall it was a cute story and I'm glad I finished out the series.

liaandersson's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

booksandbodylib's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

COME ON, TALIA HIBBERT! I am just overwhelmed by how much I love the Brown Sisters. I am still waffling between Dani and Eve for my favorite book in the series, but both got a strong five stars from me. Dani's personal journey in this book was v relatable, and so were Jacob's relationship struggles. Anyone else want a Montrose siblings spin-off series?

eligru's review against another edition

funny inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

This book made me laugh out loud so many times xD
It’s such a worthy end to the Brown sisters‘ trilogy! Probs my favourite of the 3.
I kinda wish there was another sister (or brother!), and hence another book, because I’ve really grown to love these characters :) They are all so relatable! I feel like I am a mix of Dani and Eve with some Chloe moments sprinkled on top. Can‘t wait to see what Talia Hibbert comes up next.

caramiaculpa's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

adellabianca's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted

plumpaperbacks's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

I was 99% sure I’d love this book, and I was right. I knew I loved it as soon as I started reading. From cover to cover, it was fun, super cute, and highly amusing. Both of the previous books in the series had me laughing and swooning, and this one was no exception. I love Chloe, Dani, Eve, Red, Zaf, and Jacob with my whole heart. I love Gigi too, and honestly would love a grandma as eccentric and fun as her.

The only thing I didn’t love was how little of the other two Brown sisters and their boyfriends we got to see. I understand that this is Eve and Jacob’s book, and they spend most of it in a small town a couple of hours away from where the previous protagonists live. The one scene where they were almost all together was brief and didn’t include Jacob. Don’t get me wrong, I still absolutely loved the book. I just would’ve really liked to see the six of them hanging out and goofing around.

I can easily say that this book—honestly, this whole trilogy—is at the very top of my favorites list. In my list of top five contemporary books, three spots would be given to these books. I’ll definitely be rereading them, either because they’re great pick-me-ups or I just miss the characters. :)

Representation
  • fat Black autistic protagonist
  • autistic love interest
  • fat Black side character with fibromyalgia and chronic pain*
  • fat Black bisexual side character*
  • Muslim Pakistani side character with anxiety*
  • Black pansexual side character in a sapphic relationship*
*only a few on-page appearances

spaghettireads's review