Reviews tagging Car accident

Act Your Age, Eve Brown, by Talia Hibbert

katrinarose's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted reflective relaxing fast-paced

A bit repetitive after the first two books and slightly less likeable main characters but still a cute fun romance!

mckoran's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

mruks's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

jjenkins's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

Beautiful book with diverse characters and an even more unique and perfect love story. I love how relatable this book was while also being a lovely combination of hilarious and emotional.

bisexualwentworth's review against another edition

This book pleasantly surprised me. I shouldn’t have been surprised because I liked Chloe and loved Dani, but I just wasn’t expecting to like Eve much as a character, and I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the tropes that I’d heard were present in this book. But I was very wrong.

This book is light and fun in a way that the other books in the series weren’t quite—though this one does deal with some serious topics. I can see some readers being totally turned off by the whole her hitting him with her car thing, but I felt like it was handled well. I loved the Lake District as a setting, and I also really enjoyed Eve and Jacob as characters.

I related to both of these characters more than was comfortable. I had fun with them. I even tolerated the miscommunications because they were very charming about it.

But I majorly just came out of this book (and this whole series) really wanting at least one book about Gigi, who has got to be the coolest grandma to ever exist.

Also, Eve’s music taste is far too gay for her to be straight. Sometimes two siblings are bi. Just saying.

booksandtea997's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

gluten_full's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

This book was so sweet. It was a lovely, easy romance that is the perfect book to make you feel warm inside. The leading man, Jacob, is autistic, and this is confirmed by him early in the narrative. His autism never disappears from the narrative, and it's always accommodated for. The refreshing thing about this element is that not only did his autism never get in the way of his overall sex appeal, it often seemed to increase it. He felt autistic the entire time, but it never felt like that was an obstacle to overcome, nor did it ever feel shallow or stereotypical.

I loved Eve as well. She was such a sweet and funny main character, who played so well off of Jacob. She makes her own discoveries about her own potential neurodivergance through the narrative, and it makes sense why they click so well.

Overall, this book is a truly feel good romance, with a lot of love and a little smut.

The one critique I have is that in the build up to their relationship, they both spent a lot of time ogling each other. This was equal opportunity ogling, with Eve staring at his crotch as often as he stared at her breasts, but it did become a lot at certain points.

But if you're looking for a new romance with diverse characters, this one is for sure comes highly recommended.

linesiunderline's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

Just delightful. I’ve met all the Brown sisters and it’s no easy decision to choose a favourite, so I’m not going to! However, I think perhaps this book is my favourite of the three in this series.

Loved:
• the cute B&B setting
• the 🔥 connection between Eve and Jacob
• the nuanced exploration of how hard it can be to understand, accept, and love all parts of yourself
• all of the witty quips a girl could wish for
• perfect balance of tenderness and humour

If there were 5 more Brown sisters I wouldn’t be mad about it. A favourite of the year for sure!

kyrstin_p1989's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

Romance novels are not typically my jam because they’re predictable and unrealistic and juvenile and way too sappy. Enemies to lovers never seems feasible to me and as a subgenre I always think it’s a bit too over the top. This enemies to lovers romance novel didn’t make me feel any of those things. It told a story — a complicated one — of growth, love, identity, and hard work. The characters are so loveable and their banter is to die for. Not to mention the spice in this book — while only occurring a few times — is well worth the wait.

madeleine_desiree's review against another edition

funny inspiring lighthearted medium-paced