Act Your Age, Eve Brown, by Talia Hibbert

nmthonet's review

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

I love this lighthearted romp.  Eve was enjoyable and real and Jacob warmed my heart!

softrosemint's review against another edition

had a great time with this, thanks!

lena0900's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

mervy's review

funny lighthearted

marianaribeiro's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

hotfunnycoolgirl's review

emotional funny lighthearted reflective medium-paced

loved this series so much. love eve.
felt like i could relate to all of the sisters which was so nice.

i know people don’t like final conflicts in romance books and how they seem ‘forced’. but with this series i didn’t feel that - the books are largely based on the development of both of the characters. and acknowledging that  that will effect their relationship seems necessary and then shows their development with how they plan on dealing with it together.

also they’re both so fucking cute.

beyshelved's review against another edition

First read: 12 Feb 2021
Reread: 12 Jan 2021

“You’re the one thing I know I can rely on, Eve. It’s fast, and it’s ridiculous, but it’s true. It’s you.”

OH MY GOD THIS IS PERFECT, JUST PERFECT AND GOT ME ALL HAJDJEHSJDJSJSKDK. I really have no words because I was laughing on each page. Their banters and clapbacks are to die for. Not to mention every cameo the Brown family made—they were so chaotic yet heartwarming. Talia Hibbert, you bloody are one comic genius.

So, it feels so fitting to quote Jacob, “There was this thing called grammar, Jacob recalled, but he’d forgotten how to use it and it seemed unnecessary.”

555555/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

kc_reads's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

johannaandri's review

inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

lulyslibrary's review

Eve Brown is a hot mess, and when her parents say she needs to start forming her life and acting her age. She stumbles across a bed and breakfast owned by the controlling Jacob Wayne. When she goes into an interview for a job position there he tells her there is no way she can work at his bed and breakfast. However when Eve runs Jacob over by accident with her car she stays around to help out and the story evolves from enemies to friends to lovers. This story absolutely warmed my heart. Talia Hibbert is an expert at mixing plot, romance, conflict, and dialogue. I absolutely love her writing style and I can not wait to see more from her in the future. Something I wanted to mention is how much I appreciate seeing autism representation. My brother is autistic and I really loved seeing characters who were not neuro-typical.