The Royal We by Jessica Morgan, Heather Cocks

miasul221's review against another edition

I liked it but it just wasn’t the right time. I’ll definitely come back to it later.

eggjen's review against another edition

This book was kind of a major undertaking - spanning the course of ten years in the courting, dating, breaking up and getting married of Prince Nicholas and Rebecca - who are basically a fictional Kate Middleton and Prince William. This story should have been ridiculously cheesy from premise alone, but the writing is so compelling and the characters are so well written that I found myself cheering for them from the start and rooting all the way to the finish line.

limeykiss's review against another edition

I spent a wonderful weekend with my head stuck in this book. I will never look at celebrity gossip, or Will and Kate, the same again (I know it's fictional, but this book made me think that their love story is full of the same normal but magical moments as Nick and Bex's rather than the weirdly contrived story I've been fed by public gossip and E!). I LOVE that Cocks and Morgan nailed British dialogue- I so often read books by British authors who muck up American dialogue, or Americans who think all Brits speak like BBC presenters, but this book's dialogue was so genuine. This book also had such a sense of place- I could feel myself in Oxford, London, Iowa. The characters were all intriguing and fully-formed, and I want Gaz and Bex to be my best friends so we can all eat chex mix together.

mbenzz's review against another edition

Good book! Perfect for those (such as myself) who love all things British and Royalty. Very reminiscent of Kate and William (though I highly doubt there was ever a private scandal with Kate and Harry), but a good story! Definitely recommend.

steffski's review against another edition

I have such mixed feelings about putting a star rating on this book.

On one hand, there was a lot more sex and mild sleeze and partying in the book than I would have liked..it seemed like a story of college kids who never left college and college activities.

On the other hand, I haven't had a book in a long time that I couldn't put down and stayed up way too late reading. I feel invested in the characters and feel like I'll go into that sad state after you finish a book and don't know what to do with yourself.

lindsayaunderwood's review against another edition

One of the best romantic comedy type books I’ve read in a long time. I feel like my gripe with romantic books is that they’re like 300 pages long - so the characters are always one dimensional. I enjoyed that this book was about 500 pages and really dig deeper into the characters! I would definitely put this on a summer beach read list!

stephtherose_'s review against another edition

The writing style and structure of this book was not what I was expecting and for some reason it just didn't sit well with me. Giving it a 2 since I practially forced myself to finish it. Ugh.

khaliah's review against another edition

So maybe they could have shaved a few pages from the book over all but I actually appreciated the pacing and the detail present. I listened to it (and will likely listen to the sequel) and enjoyed the experience. Writing is decent, sufficient humor, and smartly done.

zoelebr1's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

alexhopson's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful informative sad slow-paced