Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady of DNA by Brenda Maddox

emmacampbe11's review

emotional informative inspiring slow-paced

bfrodermann's review against another edition

Very good, but slow, and never picked it up again

iamcurie's review

Eine beeindruckende Erzählung über eine der wichtigsten Entdeckungen der Biologie und die schwierige Position, die Frauen in der Wissenschaft haben.

davidsteinsaltz's review

A sad and inspiring life, movingly told.

harriets_reading's review against another edition

I couldn't follow all the science and there was a lot of information which felt unnecessary but overall I really enjoyed this book. I knew the essence of the story but it was refreshing to find out more of the detail and discover that some of ny preconceptions were wrong.

anna8ananas's review

Amazing life story of a fascinating woman.

migman's review

Truly inspirational, not only for the female scientists but for all the women who aspire to live by their own rules and continue to do what they love, despite what the world thinks who you should have been. Though the recognition came much later, the world is forever grateful for her seminal contributions to science.

jfields62's review against another edition

When I would get stressed about the MCAT, I would read this. She was the unsung hero of Genetics. We always learned that Watson and Crick stole her work and she always deserved the Nobel Prize. It was nice seeing a more human side to her in this account. She was incredible and gone too soon.

ryanneliza's review

Frankly, I couldn’t bring myself to finish this one. I was not a fan of the writing style and found the text a bit boring and drawn out. I read enough to get the gist and then supplemented with other biographical texts.

sagittariusreads_'s review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced