larreads's review

dark fast-paced

Spoileryou know normally i don't condone violence but i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoy every single panel of jess beating the crap out of kilgrave

eq_knocks's review

I have just finished reading this series. So amazingly intense. Left me wanting more and in need of rereading the whole thing again!

paradiselcst's review

it’s been about a day since i finished this series and i still can’t stop thinking about it.

i can’t say i was a fan of jessica jones before reading alias but i certainly am now.

i can’t think of anything to complain about that isn’t silly or pointless. this was a well developed story that connects in every volume.

i would have like to see how scott and jessica could have furthered their relationship (even though i don’t believe they would have worked). they were an interesting pair but luke cage and jessica stole my heart.

i enjoyed how this story revealed how she received her abilities without making it seem like it was an afterthought.

i loved to see her personal / internal struggles. when you think of a superhero, ex or not, you have a stereotypical image of them in your head. you think they’re perfect and could never experience any kind of struggle that isn’t apart of their job. jessica proves you wrong and truly allows you to realize that while she does how powers and was a superhero, she still has her own battles.

i would recommend this to any jessica jones fan or anyone that could be converted to a fan— i know i was.

wetdryvac's review

Really love the art style. Pretty sure I like the writing style less over time. Kinda read the fourth collection out of obligation to the other three, and ended up feeling I was reading not about characters but about someone's talking about their ideas of 'em.

butyougotmysoul's review

So, I liked these a lot...however, the casual use of retard and retarded as insults really really bothered me.

annyaisnotdead's review

todo es bonito y nada duele.
y así es como se puede terminar de manera fantástica una historia muy bien narrada. mis dies a bendis.

francomega's review

A whole lot going on here, starting with the long-awaited Jessica Jones origin story. Then there's all sorts of Super Hero cameos and, best of all, the appearance of Killgrave. He's a fantastically evil character (David Tenant's TV version is slightly different, but he really captures the charismatic monster).

And that's it, series over. Great run by Bendis and a definite should-read for anyone who enjoyed the show. I'm not sure how I feel about the art, though. At times I thought it left something to be desired, but then in other panels I found the character expressions very well done and effective. I should just leave it to Killgrave (not that I have a choice) to sum it up: "Subtle yet expressive artwork. Mainstream with just a touch of indy. Powerful color palette. Seen worse. been in worse." (Oh, did I mention that he appears to be aware of being in a Jessica Jones comic book the whole time? Clever stuff.)

analiesereads's review

misssusan's review

okay. well. that just wasn't very satisfying at all. :/ apparently the tv show does this arc better though so i guess i have that to look forward to

2.5 stars

katytron's review

Really not a fan of how Bendis chose to use the notion of having multiple sexual partners to indicate the spiralling nature of Jess' mental state, but apart from that I fucking loved this book. And if she'd joined the Avengers Disassembled never would have happened and she woulda ended up married to Cap?!? Jeez. Don't really know what to feel about that, except that maybe Steve should look outside the ranks of SHIELD when cruising for a new girlfriend.

Really glad I got this insight into Jess, and this just provides further evidence that the Purple Man is straight up the fucking creepiest motherfucking villain in the whole MU.