Unmasking Autism: The Power of Embracing Our Hidden Neurodiversity by Devon Price

emath98's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

ehstarsong's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

burritobug's review against another edition

challenging hopeful informative reflective slow-paced

panickedhonking's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

A stellar book for any autistic or neurodivergent person coming to terms with masking.

giselaelisabeth's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

mourn's review against another edition

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

gigireadswithkiki's review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced

We love to see a book on autism from a white author that acknowledges their privilege!!! And explores intersectionality between the autism sphere!!!!! And presents information in such an easily digestible way!!!!!!!

Truly this book was so in-depth about every facet of autism in so many ways, it made me feel so validated/seen. I loved how the author tackled common misconceptions about autism as well as confronted readers on their potential self internalized ableism.

From interviewing and exploring the experiences of BIPOC and other queer autistic people, I felt like Dr Devon Price did their full due diligence in writing this book, and I think this book is, and will continue to be, an excellent resource for those who are, suspect themselves to be, or know someone who is on the autism spectrum.

areynobodytoo's review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced

There isn’t many well researched books about autism out there (even more one’s made by autistic people to autistic people), and this one is a good one, with a lot of information and action plan for autistic people, really focusing in late diagnosed autistic adults, including sex workers and autistic people that others don’t really talk about. Unfortunately I feel like even if the author called it a disability sometimes the book went into the whole “autism is only disabling because of society” thing and that it didn’t 100% include higher support needs autistics and people with different experiences from the author’s (which maybe was on purpose, but either way is good to keep in mind if you’re going to read it).

kelliepie's review against another edition

rh2riordan's review against another edition