hannscurlock's review

emotional funny relaxing fast-paced

This was a sweet read. It’s so pleasant knowing there are parents out there like me. I read this also when I had some mental health crises going on around me and it grounded me.

olirsykes's review

hopeful informative inspiring fast-paced

90sinmyheart's review

This book had SO much - gender and sexuality as spectrums! Parenting! Anxiety! Life! Bicycling! I loved it.

seybolda's review

hopeful informative medium-paced

jestintzi's review

My review is in the form of a blurb on this excellent collection of essays. Check it out!

abirabishaw's review

challenging emotional inspiring reflective medium-paced

This book was everything I needed right now. I connected very well with each of andrea bennett’s essays, but I also loved the vignettes on other Canadian queers. I didn’t necessarily connect as well with all of the snippets of other people’s lives, but I loved that they showcased Canadian queerness as more than just thin, white, digestibly androgynous people living in Montreal or Toronto.

dancevera's review against another edition

informative reflective slow-paced

silodear's review

Read almost half of this book. Found it remarkably boring. The writing wasn’t great. The interwoven profiles of other enby folks (separate from the author’s personal essays) were written as weird blurbs that felt like a very distanced clinical case note. I was so pumped for this one, but I couldn’t make it through.

floriannepb's review

Very interesting reflections. Good to read stories about rural Canadian queers.

wakeatmidnight's review