The Deepest Roots, by Miranda Asebedo

kenzigrl's review against another edition

Rome, Lux, and Mercy have the friendship that every teenage girl wants. I love how they stood by each other and were not afraid to forgive each other. I love how helpful and accepting everyone was! The mystery was certainly enticing but I’m glad it wasn’t the sole focus of the book since we got so much character growth by multiple characters. I really also loved Red, Jett, and even Rick!

sofiatea32's review

emotional hopeful inspiring medium-paced

oregongirl85's review against another edition

mysterious, kinda creepy for a minute, but amazing!

pannamarchewka's review

hopeful medium-paced

dionaea's review against another edition

This could have made onto my "too ace for this" shelf but the romance didn't detract too much and I got enough girl friendship to satisfy my fix. I read too many "feminist" books that simply hated other women this year. Asebedo, thank you for writing this.

(The romance isn't too bad, I'm just a cranky ace.)

rhondareads21's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this story. It's about 3 best friends in Cottonwood Hollow that were born with a curse, Rome a fixer, Mercy always has Enough and Lux is a Siren. But is it a curse?
Rome mission struggles she loves safe, trust is worth everything, friendship is an unbreakable bond and what they've been looking for has been right under their feet along.
It's a easy, heartfelt story of friendship, love & family.
4.5⭐

hingle's review against another edition

she was good i loved all the diff themes like fantasy-ish, modern type of small old town, mystery ig and romance too

fallenprincess's review against another edition

A fun book about friendship and support. We get to follow 3 friends as they face the challenges of life. But their love for each other allows them to make it through. They each have powers and the magical realism aspect of the book was very well done.

blueyedbooks's review against another edition

Such a great read to finish off the month of August and get into all the mysterious, thriller, and paranormal books for the fall!

*I received this copy from Edelweiss and Harper Collins as a digital ARC for review and the moment I saw the cover, I knew I was going to enjoy it!

You’re following 3 best friends from a rural town, Cottonwood Hollow in Kansas. They have been best friends since forever and despite that fact that they live different lives, they are gifted with unique talents, though some consider it a curse. You’re following them as they discover more about their talent, their lives and their town. They go through hardships along the way but always have each other to fall back on. I really enjoyed the friendship they had and how they handled situations, and even in the darkest times, they were always there for each other. You get the feeling of knowing that you’re not alone and that no matter how bad things may seem, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. The atmosphere and the diversity in this book was so well written and it was such an easy ready to get into. You needed to know how this happened, even though it felt a little predictable to me, I couldn’t put it down.

I absolutely love Jett. His character was my favorite. I did feel like I had a lot of similarities with the way Rome things and acts, so her friendship with Rome is something that felt very real to me. I also really liked how much Rome cared for her friends. She was always wanting to help and be there for them and didn’t let anyone get in her way of that, not even a cute boy.

All in all, I really did enjoy this book and I know so many other readers will enjoy it as well! The Deepest Roots comes out on September 18 and I highly recommend you add this your fall TBR! Miranda Asebedo is a debut author and I think she did a phenomenal job on bringing this story to us!

hnmoore's review against another edition

5 million stars. The friendships that were the core of this novel were so beautiful and real that it made me cry. Give me more strong girl friendships like this book please.