Camp Lake Omega, by Penelope Peters

shazov's review

Not completely a 4 star, but deserves more than a 3.

This was in fact a fun & easy book to read. And to be honest, it would have been a solid 4 star if not for a pet peeve of mine that turned up at the very end of the book. Why, oh why do some omegaverse writers insist on having the omega partner being called "mom" by any kids they have. Please, please, please stop this!

claudia_is_reading's review

And this is why I love so much Penélope Peters' books! This has everything that I love: characters that I can fall in love with, humor, compelling writing, and diversity.

And let's not forget the alpha/omega part! I really like that, too.

This is a sweet romance, with two unusual protagonists: Jim, an inert omega, and Zachary, an alpha with no desire to bond. They are both in summer camps; Jim as a counselor in Camp Lake Omega, and Zachary as principal in its alpha counterpart. They meet, and sparks fly, but they both agree: this is simply a summer fling. Yeah, sure... You all can imagine how well that did work.

The secondary characters are all fantastic, particularly Reba (an alpha who is not attracted to omegas!), but all of them are simply great.

If you enjoy alpha/omega stories, this is one you shouldn't miss.

ashleya645's review