Always Human, by Ari North

strawberriemochi's review

Some of the best character designs and artistic style I’ve ever seen and I really appreciated the commentary on how disabled people aren’t just brave for existing/that our conditions shouldn’t be idolized. This was very sweet and I liked both characters immensely. I just wish they experienced more relationship development because it didn’t feel satisfying at first with the instant love. (I’m a hypocrite, though. I moved in with my wife on the first date).

naomi_marshall_murray's review

I enjoyed this book, however often found myself feeling bad for Sunati, she consistently tries her best to make life less stressful for Austen however it often blows up in her face.

Nice rep of a non binary/gender fluid character.

The colouring and art style was very pretty throughout this book.

This definitely felt like more of a YA graphic novel in my opinion.

dulgantulga's review

Incredible artwork, cute concept

otterworld's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

thebookish_catgirl's review against another edition

I enjoyed this comic so much! SO much representation in it. I haven’t read many books like this before but I enjoyed every second of it! The artwork is just BEAUTIFUL! It’s so soft and angelic and just so easy to get lost staring at the characters on the page. The story was cute. I’m for sure going to pick up the hard copy when it’s released. If you’re looking for a soft, short, cute, romantic read with lgbtq rep, then definitely pick this up.

lilidahl's review

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

Super cute!

zamakodknjiga's review

⭐ 4.25

Such a cute story, healthy love and developed characters. Wish I saw a little bit more at the end though. However, amazing art and plot line!

4pawsandabook's review against another edition

Reread June 2022 - it appears that the first time I read it, I read the beginning of volume 2, which explains why it felt rushed! Reading the physical version this time around makes so much more Sense and it ended at a perfect stopping point! Ready to see what’s in volume 2!

The representation in this story was amazing! We had ethnic diversity, LGBTQ representation and body positivity. I really liked the beginning of the story and watching the girls’ relationship build and grow. But unfortunately I felt as though the last 1/3 of the story was so rushed. I wanted to see more of that part of the story. I also feel like the polyamory was just thrown in there to check off a box and I wish there would have been more of that. Overall though, the art style was beautiful and I enjoyed reading it!

robin3000's review