Reviews for The Body in the Library, by Agatha Christie

msmystery's review

My favorite character in this book was the little boy who was a big Agatha Christie fan. How cute it was to include that in the story.

asheleighelizabeth's review

I own two versions of this and for some reason while reading picked up the newer addition just to flip through when I realized there were changes from the far older copy I was currently reading. I decided to continue with the newer version as the changes were more like additions to modernize the story and add some more details in areas where you might have been wondering why something wasn't discussed again. Overall I did find the story to be interesting.

sensitivemuse's review

funny lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

ginghampanda's review

I think that I've noticed a trend when it comes to Chrisite (at least in my circumstances). Miss Marple mysteries never disappoint! I really liked this one, and I'm glad I read it and didn't rely on the PBS Mystery! series version of it.

cocoonofbooks's review

This was a solid contribution to Christie's oeuvre. I wasn't able to put all the pieces together until it was explained, and while the solution was complex, it wasn't unbelievable. I still prefer Poirot's pomposity and deduction to Miss Marple's meek and humble way of hiding in the shadows of the story and intuitively knowing the answer before she has any logic to back it up. But this was an enjoyable and quick read and made me more interested in continuing with the Miss Marple series.

sagarific's review

3 stars only because it's Christie and I love her little allusions and her touches to cliche themes in mystery in this book (read foreword).

The book held my interest, but only a little more than briefly. I had my eye on the person revealed to be the killer, and but for the intricate little details revealed as the killer's motivation, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a huge twist. I kept hoping for more thrill, more surprises, more twists, and this book just didn't give it to me.

luanagomes's review

It's clear to me now : I really prefer Miss Marple over Hercule Poirot.
There, I said it. Deal with it.

thelibraryofsarah's review

Good but there was SO much dialogue...

danyelag's review

I’m excited to see where this year brings! Excited that this was my first book of the year! I actually started it in 2018 so it took me a year to finish! Ha!

klara8c8f4's review