emzleebee's review

dark informative mysterious reflective tense slow-paced

doc_erinnicole's review against another edition

I like to wait before diving into super hyped books just to see if they hold up. And boy does this one hold up! This book reads so quickly I would often be shocked when looking up and realizing it had been over an hour since I opened the text. Farrow is an incredible writer who went on a wild journey throughout this book. He is the definition of dogged journalism. I appreciated his introspection on his relationship to his sister; the discomfort he clearly has about her allegations against their father, Woody Allen and how she went about retribution; and how he wasn't a good partner during the time of this reporting. NBC News ain't shit. CBS ain't shit. All these people covering up predatory behavior ain't shit. It's wild how far this all got (I was not ready for the Israeli army to be mentioned) and I can't help but think of all the stories we haven't heard.

I will say towards the end it gets a bit repetitive (like homie is absolutely going to let you know multiple times that NBC News was in on a cover up) but completely worth it. I get the hype.

kessashun's review

challenging dark emotional informative mysterious reflective sad tense fast-paced

jessicabrazeal's review against another edition

My wife and I listened to this on audiobook while driving back and forth taking kids to camp. This is a great inside look into the reporting into Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer, and the story that broke to propel the #metoo movement forward.

debsfield's review against another edition

challenging dark informative medium-paced

I had, of course, seen the news headlines around Harvey Weinstein but I had never understood the levels of deception and distraction surrounding getting it known. I knew of the bravery of the women who came forward and spoke up, but not about the levels of cruelty and bullying inflicted on them in an attempt to stop them. This book is a tough but important read to understand the importance of an honest, accountable media but also solidarity with victims and encouraging them to have a voice. Incredible work from Ronan Farrow and many others.

brianarice's review

informative slow-paced

bethiclaus's review

adventurous dark reflective sad medium-paced

bibliotess's review against another edition

Holy shit

lahberry1225's review against another edition

Well, THIS was infuriating. And excellent.

hongjoongie's review against another edition

dark informative sad tense