debsfield's review against another edition

challenging dark informative medium-paced

I had, of course, seen the news headlines around Harvey Weinstein but I had never understood the levels of deception and distraction surrounding getting it known. I knew of the bravery of the women who came forward and spoke up, but not about the levels of cruelty and bullying inflicted on them in an attempt to stop them. This book is a tough but important read to understand the importance of an honest, accountable media but also solidarity with victims and encouraging them to have a voice. Incredible work from Ronan Farrow and many others.

brianarice's review against another edition

informative slow-paced

bethiclaus's review against another edition

adventurous dark reflective sad medium-paced

bibliotess's review against another edition

Holy shit

lahberry1225's review against another edition

Well, THIS was infuriating. And excellent.

hongjoongie's review

dark informative sad tense

dawncasters's review against another edition

dark informative tense fast-paced

A well rounded expose/deep diving into the reporting that exposed Harvey Weinstein and the media cabal that enabled him
and other sexual predators to remain in power. As a journalist there is an eagerness to see how expansive investigative reporting is done right. How the pieces line up. While this book establishes that it goes further to elaborate on how secret intelligence/PsyOps played a heavy hand in how journalists, survivors and dissidents were stalked and monitored. It’s an element I think needs to be exposed because I think we tend to lose sight of how much is put into protecting the status quo. My biggest complaint is that this book was roughly 50-100 pages too long. AMI and Trump did not see as necessary to the story. I’m glad Farrow went as far as he did in exposing the hypocrisy and deception within NBC News. It was important for me to unearthed the moves done by major news outlets and also to find that there are intimate connections between the media, Hollywood, intelligence agencies, and politicians.

hannyreads's review against another edition

A great read on some f*cked up sh’t.

rabeneck's review against another edition

challenging informative tense medium-paced

klastufka's review against another edition

This book gave me chills. I couldn't put it down and finished it in a day.