Verity, by Colleen Hoover

butterfliesforme's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious

brookelyn_xo's review against another edition

Well, it seems I may have an uncommon opinion of this one. Unfortunately I found Verity to be a little too predictable & somewhat lacking in areas. By page 14 I had 2-3 different ideas for how this story may end & in the end they were all correct to a degree. Despite that, this was a SUPER easy read, I started around 8pm & the next I knew it was 1am. I began in the evening & was done the next morning, obviously I slept in between but barely, I’m a sook & let me tell you when it was night & there were a few moments in the book where my heart skipped a beat and I held my breath, I instantly thought how am I going to sleep tonight? For someone who predominately reads fantasy books, I’m not going to lie I was surprised & impressed that a book could make me feel this bit of panic. Overall, I feel like there was a decent storyline however, there could’ve been more done with it. Verity for me was a little overhyped & maybe that is what lead to me having higher expectations for this book.

Also, I’m curious to know without giving anything away, are you team Manuscript or team Letter?

laurenvoice's review against another edition

dark mysterious sad tense fast-paced

Wow! That ending was something else. What the fudge did I read!?

Very uncertain of what the truth is and who on earth Verity really is. All I know is I don't trust anything written by Verity. However, I have doubts about Jeremy.

Verity reminded me of those cheesy thriller films that Channel 5 in the UK show during the daytime. And I loved it especially, that twist at the end!

fany's review against another edition

It was so good!! The plot twist was so interesting and I didn't see it coming at all. It gave everything it should have. I was very disturbed reading the book, good fucking job Colleen!!

taygil16's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

hvmariano's review against another edition

It has taken me a few days to really reflect and think about how ‘Verity’ made me feel. I was unsure if I loved it or hated it. Even now, I am still partially conflicted but can say with confidence that I enjoyed most of it.. but not in the way that everyone has been raving about it.

I loved how I couldn’t put the book down and it captivated me from the first chapter. There was a lot of mystery and suspense.. and I had an endless amount of theories that did and didn’t make sense.

In my opinion, the ending is very open ended to personal interpretation. You get to choose who you decide the villain is. Even now, I’m not so sure who I believe. I’m leaning more towards Lowen.

What I DO know is that Lowen and Jeremy give me Love and Joe Vibes.

I would recommend this book if someone brings it up in conversation first. But I would not go out of my way to tell someone to read it.

jdog's review against another edition

literally just finished this and i have no idea how to feel…. this book is spectacular

booktalkwithjb's review against another edition

3.5 stars.I rarely read much about a book beforehand, so I'm going to keep the summary short. Verity is about an introverted author, Lowen, who is commissioned to finish a book series after the original author has been in a tragic car accident. Lowen travels to Vermont to read through Verity Crawford's notes to to finish the series, and becomes absorbed in Verity’s life.

jewelsbooks2531's review against another edition

fast-paced

shyreader_lover's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense fast-paced