A Stray Drop of Blood, by Roseanna M. White

arielp87's review against another edition

dark emotional inspiring tense medium-paced

esmeralda's review

Roseanna M. White’s Biblical Fiction is powerful, and as much as I love her other books, this is easily one of the best she has written. Her writing is weighty and clear – and characteristically not lyrical.

Abigail is a wonderful main character, completely human and so real she seemed to able to leap off the page. Although I could not relate to her situation or exact temptations, her struggles were deeply relatable and thought-provoking for me personally.

White’s depictions of sin, human heart struggles and ultimately forgiveness are purposeful and impactful. I am truly glad that I decided to pick up this book.

bellesmoma2021's review against another edition

I don't know where to begin with this book. Abigail is a stunning protagonist. I love her so much. All that she goes through, all she overcomes, the emotional roller coaster is intense! What happens throughout this book is SO intense, I did have to put the book down for a minute or two. But, I couldn't put it down for long. I had to know what was going to happen to Abigail next.

I love when Biblical fiction illustrates or showcases a particular Biblical moment from a new perspective. It really gets my brain going, and I end up researching and learning something new about the Savior I already love so much. The crucifixion scene in this novel 100% did this for me. It is one of the most powerful scenes I have ever read in a novel. I recommend a large box of tissue at that scene.

One aspect I must comment on is the sheer amount of research Ms. White clearly did for this book. Not only is her Biblical knowledge and 1st c. Roman and Jewish cultural history so strong and thorough, but her knowledge of classic Greek and Roman texts is impressive. It is obvious the amount of work put into this book.

If you appreciate Biblical, historical romance novels, I highly recommend this book. Just make sure you have adequate time and tissue when you read this book. You won't want to put it down, and it is a bit of a rollercoaster.