Until Leaves Fall in Paris, by Sarah Sundin

beckyreads2's review

I selected this book by the topic (WWII, Paris), and it was the first book I read by Sarah Sundin. It was overall a good read.

What I liked: The time period always captures my interest. I love the French language, and a character who is a ballerina intrigued me. The writing is good, and the story flowed.

What I didn't love: For me, it wasn't the most interesting story. I was able to set it down without wondering what was going to happen next.

You will like this book if you are interested in WWII, the German influence in France, and learning a little bit about how the resistance to Germany played out amongst civilians.

neoo5's review

emotional informative inspiring medium-paced

hkeeney7398's review

I was engrossed the entire book. It was a very enjoyable read.

morganx's review

it was a cute love story set in a very tumultuous and scary time in history. the book challenged the idea of what a hero looks like and reminds you to check your biases and assumptions. the main characters, lucie and paul, both had passion for their crafts and wanted to preserve beauty and goodness in the face of evil. while the story enticed me, it was mostly the romantic relationship that made me keep reading as it didn't have as much intrigue and tension as most historical fiction i read does. still well written and cute but not the first book id give as a hisfic recommendation.. maybe more period romance?

jodiannz's review

adventurous emotional inspiring medium-paced

Although a good deal of this story revolve around the romance between the 2 main characters, it is more about the courage it took for them to defy the Nazis, the creative ways they did and the sacrifices they were willing to make to do so.

jennmcburney's review

I definitely enjoyed this WW2 story! I connected to Lucie and Paul right away and was rooting for them the whole time. My favourite was Josie and her stories about Feenee and Monsieur Meow, so cute and creative. There was a lot of build up to Lucie's story line with Paul and the bookshop, but not enough about them fleeing France. I would've liked a bit more on the escape, but overall it was an enjoyable read!

sheilasamuelson's review

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing sad medium-paced

Rating: 5 Stars!!
Review:
Thank you to @revellbooks for sending me this FREE ARC COPY to review for them!!

This was the 3rd Book ive read by @sarahsundinauthor so I kind of knew what to expect even tho each of her books are different but I once again LOVED the story so much for so many reasons!!

The Characters were so enjoyable to read about. My Favorites were Lucie and Paul, loved their storylines and connections to each other.

The Setting was beautifully described which made me feel like I was actually in 1940s Paris while reading.

Loved the lessons this book taught as well about not judging people by how they look or what job they have but really getting to know them opposed to listening what others say about the person and to NEVER let yout Family Background stop you from being friends with other cultures.

Overall, Another Phenomenal Historical Fiction set in Paris during WW1!! Can't wait to read more by Sarah in the future!!

jennifyr's review against another edition

adventurous emotional tense fast-paced

kmrick's review

challenging emotional tense medium-paced

chloewakham's review

adventurous emotional hopeful tense slow-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A