Reviews tagging Misogyny

Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas

sammymilfort's review against another edition

adventurous dark medium-paced

sydneyluxford's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense slow-paced

So entertaining; I enjoyed every moment of it.

Celaena is such a strong independent woman and i love it.

I have a feeling that the king is not going to be the nicest… At the end why was he fully ordering her around like she was a dog??????

Let’s talk about Dorian… 😅

SpoilerWhen he bought her a golden retriever puppy for Yulemas (Christmas) because she got sad when he said it was going to be put down 😞. Kinda mad over her friend-zoning him at the end, I can’t lie.

Fuck Cain. I’m glad that stupid male is dead.

beckyyreadss's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark mysterious tense medium-paced

I wanted to read this book as I’ve never read any of Sarah J. Maas’s work and I was interested to see what the hype was all about. I was kindly gifted this series and A Court of Thorns and Roses by my parents. So I thought to start at the beginning.

This book follows eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien. She is beautiful and deadly and destined for greatness. In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, she is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake. She got caught. Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted? She must now choose between dying in the salt mine or fighting for her freedom, which one will she choose? This is a new adult fantasy fictional novel.

I love Celaena – she has now joined the group of kick-ass women who could hit me and I would say thank you. I think she is so amazing and strong and brave. I loved reading this book from her point of view as well as Dorian’s and Chaol’s point of view. I loved seeing Celaena becoming this strong woman and not taking crap from any of the men in this tournament. My favourite chapter was seeing Celaena and Dorian bonding over random things like music and arts and watching them play pool together. It sort of shows that Dorian doesn’t see Celaena as just another pawn and that Celaena is more than a criminal. The book left you with enough drama that it didn’t feel rushed but also left you wanting more that it keeps you hook to read the next book. I don’t believe they isn’t any weakness to this book I just don’t think it’s going to be the best of the series and it took me a while to get into. I would recommend this to anyone who likes kick-ass girls, fantasy novel and dystopian novels.

signebrum's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense medium-paced

kate_1910's review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring tense slow-paced

I loved it.

emmahe's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

adolin_adonalsium's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

slythormione's review against another edition

adventurous challenging funny mysterious medium-paced

If you are thinking about reading it just do it

emma_lei's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense medium-paced

I read this book a few years ago and finally came back to it again. I’m glad to report that I still enjoyed it and I’m excited to read the next books in the series that I never got to back then.

I’ve always been a sucker for fantasy worlds like this, especially ones that don’t shy away from combat.

A lot of times it gave me the vibe of a dungeons and dragons campaign. Especially with the political conflicts, personalities, different fighting styles, and types of magic.

These things helped me feel like the characters were living in a full world that didn’t necessarily revolve around them 100% of the time. I always embrace that with open arms.

Overall, I’m glad I got the time to reread one of my favorites from middle school and can’t wait to see what the next ones have in store.

mikaelaandherbooks's review against another edition

adventurous funny mysterious medium-paced

This was a great fantasy read! I loved the competition plot point, the beginning of a love triangle, the mysterious magical element and the friendship between Celaena and the princess. Left me very excited for what is to come.