re_leyendo's review

I really love the A:TLA show, and the comics captured its essence perfectly. I could hear each character's voice perfectly and imagine all the bending fights with no problem. There are also a lot of teases to the world shown in Legend of Korra, which I adored. What I didn't like as much, is that in some ways, it felt like Zuko had regressed a bit after his amazing development in the show. It was all pinned on the stresses of becoming the Fire Lord, and it felt a little odd.
I don't have much to say, as this isn't a new story but the continuation of one I have known and loved for years. I believe it is definitely worth the read if you like the show and miss the characters. The drawings are also stunning, and this particular edition has some comments from the creators that give you background on the inspiration for certain scenes. It didn't feel long or dragged out, it was quick and funny as always. There isn't much writing, but the characters' voices were perfectly done. Lastly, the story poses a new beginning with the Avatar world and a stepping stone to Republic City and technology.

kkstauffers's review

adventurous challenging funny inspiring tense fast-paced

astropova's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring reflective fast-paced

olymxnyx's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

A enjoyable read, fast paced with loveable character but i think I would prefer the show to the book - for once!

iamninjabuni's review

These characters are my favorite so it was nice to pick up a new story line with them. I enjoy seeing how their world started to change, and how those changes are seen later in Korra's time.

foreveryoungadult's review

Arty Art: Classic ATLA
Bonus Factors: Comedy, Mysterious Loner Cartoon
Anti-Bonus Factors: Not nearly enough Iroh
Relationship Status: Booty call

Read the full book report here.

tayley's review

adventurous fast-paced

elizabethlk's review against another edition

This is technically a re-read, but I originally read each volume individually. It's just as great the second time around and I'm eager to continue my reread (they truly feel just like continuing the show). The sketch notes at the end were a nice touch to add to the omnibus collection.

Highly recommended for all ATLA fans.

softgalaxyeli's review

adventurous dark emotional hopeful lighthearted reflective tense medium-paced

This is sooooo good! I recently finished rewatching ATLA and I wish we got a 4th season of it!!!

pandareads's review

I really liked this and I can't wait to keep reading the next comics. It was very cute, and I loved reading what happened after the finale. Definitely worth reading if you love the show.