Reviews tagging Panic attacks/disorders

Network Effect, by Martha Wells

frantic_vampire's review

adventurous emotional funny mysterious tense medium-paced

I’ve really been savoring my reading experience with Network Effect. I love Murderbot so much, and getting to read a full length novel in this series? It was just amazing! And a totally different reading experience from the novellas. It felt so different and yet exactly the same.

I loved getting to see ART/Perihelion again! And we got to see more of ART’s crew and what they actually do. I also loved seeing Murderbot having a contract on its own terms and…you know, everything going to hell like usual. I also really liked that we got to see Murderbot making new friends! I have to say that this book had some of the most hilarious bits of dialogue in this series. I loved that Murderbot’s humans just straight up thought MB and ART were a thing for a minute there. I just about died laughing! But I also really loved the moment that everyone realized that ART was Murderbot’s best friend. It was so nice.

Honestly, this book was such a fun read. I can’t wait to see what else this series has to offer. And I can’t wait to see more of 3 in the future. This one is getting a solid four and a half stars!

thewildmageslibrary's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny tense fast-paced

Hello, full-length novel featuring Murderbot and friends (clients)! This had a very murder-mystery feel going on, but in space and with tons of snark because of course. I got so happy when certain characters came back! This series is by far one of the most entertaining things I've read recently.

gracecrandall's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring mysterious fast-paced

catherineclark's review

adventurous funny fast-paced

troisha's review

adventurous emotional funny mysterious tense medium-paced

spiritedfaraway's review

adventurous emotional funny mysterious tense fast-paced

“After spending my entire existence having to gently suggest to humans that they not do things that would probably get them killed, it was nice to be able to tell them in so many words to not be so fucking stupid.”

I don’t want to give too much away, because this is the fifth book in a series, but if you loved the novellas, then Network Effect is definitely for you. This book took everything I loved about the first four books and kicked it up a notch and I honestly think this might be my favorite out of the entire series.

I still absolutely feel that Murderbot is one the most relatable characters I’ve ever read about. They’re both very introverted and very anxious. And their dry wit and sass doesn’t hurt either!

As you expect with every book in this series, there’s action, adventure, and a good dose of friendship (though shhhhhhh, don’t let Murderbot know).

“Her expression had turned all melty and sentimental. “No hugging,” I warned her. It was in our contract.”

In fact, one of the things I truly love about these space adventures are the connections and the character development Murderbot makes. The character dynamics are always a treat to read about and the ones in this book are definitely not a let down!

Some old characters are fleshed out and some new characters are introduced. There’s fighting, arguing, and (gasp!) emotions. This installment to the Murderbot Diaries is absolutely fantastic and definitely lived up to all my expectations.

All the stars!

An ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.