This Adventure Ends, by Emma Mills

alyssareadsbooks's review against another edition

I love the characters and while there wasn't much plot I do still think that it was really cute. Mike 'Everett' Finch is adorable can I keep him?!?!

lindick's review against another edition

Emma Mills is just so good. I started this out a little skeptical, having loved Foolish Hearts SO much, like “hmm maybe I misremembered or exaggerated the magic of her writing; this just seems like any other YA book.” But then I finished it all in one big gulp.

It’s a slow burn, sort of, having most of the typical YA book trappings from the outset, nothing mind-blowingly unique, but just slowly deepening the characters and relationships and making you laugh and cry. She does a really excellent job of this, without you even noticing it— first you’re smiling or chuckling to yourself a couple of times, and then by the end you’re like I WOULD DIE FOR ALL OF THEM. She really captures the joy and pain and intensity of teenage life. And her protagonists are so unique (and funny!) but relatable and relatably flawed.

My favorite thing about her books (the ones I’ve read so far, at least), is that they’re like 80% about friendship, 10% about school/family/passions, 5% about FANDOM (all-caps v much necessary), and 5% about romance/crushes. Imo that is the perfect breakdown. And the romance is always so sweet and great and like, supportive and awkward but *good*. M/F romance very rarely holds my interest, but hers does. Oh and it also very much helps that, like in Foolish Hearts, there is a very cute background F/F relationship.

caven's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny reflective medium-paced

smlunden's review against another edition

I love her sense of humor and her relationship with her father. the story gave me lonely feels because of finding her solid group.

arlie's review against another edition

die freundschaften und gruppendynamik hat mich teilweise sehr glücklich gemacht, auf jeden fall der beste teil des buches. aber dass sloanes liebe für die musik und die gesamte suche nach dem gemälde sind irgendwie zu vollkommenen nebensachen geworden, obwohl sie eigentlich die hauptpunkte waren? teilweise wieder ein wenig zu cliché für meinen geschmack, aber trotzdem einfach angenehm.

milliemay's review against another edition

What a book!! This was amazing!! Honestly one of my favourite books I have read so far this year!!

I loved all the characters and the storyline. I felt like it was the perfect blend of John Green’s “Turtles all the way Down”, E.Lockhart novels and Rainbow Rowell’ “Fangirl”!!

I relatable read for all to enjoy!!

Thank you Emma Mills for this beautiful book - I cannot wait to read more by you!!

jenncyclopedia's review against another edition

i read this in only one (1) day. i havent done that in YEARS. and i am currently screamING MY HEAD OFF BECAUSE OF HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS BOOK IS !!!! it truly feels like a long, warm hug. i know i just finished this but i honestly want to read it again.

it never felt like the story was dragging because it just flowed so perfectly. i just want to consume all the characters’ emotions so they wouldnt have to worry about anything ever again.

everything about this is beautiful. from the cover art to the story to the characters. i love everything. my heart is so full !!!!!

p.s. i’m still gushing over the wonderful art on the dust jacket and book cover. i forget how to breathe whenever i see it

zoereadsx's review against another edition

“We should all find something to be weirdly passionate about, don’t you think?”

*3.75 stars

flontenta's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted reflective medium-paced

i related to sloane so much. i feel like sloane is me. i am her. she is me. we are the same person. no one ever sees us in public at the same time.

kassy25's review against another edition

This was so much fun! The plot was great and all of the characters were interesting I just wanted more! I could continue reading the story and it wouldn’t bother me!