A Court of Frost and Starlight, by Sarah J. Maas

talkbookswithnat's review against another edition

This short novella was an outlier in the series for me. I love Feyre and her sweet heart but that is about it. This was kind of boring…

milliemay's review against another edition

emotional fast-paced

_seabs_'s review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring reflective medium-paced

I really enjoyed that this book was added to the series. Typically, trilogies end after a brutal battle but don’t actually reflect on the post battle effect on society. This book reflects on the characters as well as the town which I find to be a unique thing for an author to do and brings the reader more closure.

lex_reads_books's review against another edition

relaxing medium-paced

I loved the previous books in this series, but nothing really happens in this one. It’s a pleasant read; I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as the others. Looking forward to moving on to ACOSF.

catzach's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful mysterious reflective sad medium-paced

samrp01's review

I enjoyed this, read it in 1.5 hours, but if I were to go back through it and take a shot for everytime their excessive wealth was mentioned, I'd have alcohol poisoning.

I am excited for Nesta's story in the next book though. She's one of my least favorite characters but I can see her growing and learning to love to fight and train, and becoming a more likable person. I was glad that they finally snapped and had had enough of her and her attitude. I hope she deals with her personal struggles (like the hinted at ptsd in the bath, the depression, etc) or at least acknowledges them, and I hope she tries to repair the relationships with her sisters or at the very least, Elaine since she and Feyre were never that close to begin with.

alexabritni's review

Even though this series didn't necessarily need a bridge book in which nothing actually happened to move the series plot forward, I thoroughly enjoyed being wrapped up in this world again. I did not like the way the point of view switched from 1st to 3rd person between characters.

deimnte's review against another edition

funny mysterious fast-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A

michelle_g11's review

I enjoyed this one, it was a short story about after the war

i_dont_know_what_im_doing's review against another edition

3.5/5

okay honestly this was a bitch & a half to get through... dear lord. part of it was all i wanted was to read ACOSF but i knew this had a lot of set up for Silver Flames so i needed to read this. i'm glad i did, there were some great moments, but it was not my fav.

this was almost a 2.5/5 or 3/5 bc of how much i really didn't care... i get it, it's basically a christmas special but ugh i did not care about the buying of gifts and ish. it could have been shorter. ik that she had to tie everything together somehow but mehhh not my vibe. if you liked it, great, happy for you. i will sit this out on the rereads (unless i'm rereading for annotating/looking for forshadowing etc)

i will say that i enjoyed the multiple POVs & the fact that 3rd person was introduced BUT it was jarring to go back in forth from 1st to 3rd... changing POVs is one thing but to change person?? my head is spinning...

also, from this, i do think SJM is setting up a Tamlin redemption arc. we're seeing how much he's suffering & i'm glad that SJM is allowing Feyre to keep her distance/not forgive him/not allow him back into her life. she's allowing Rhysand to keep his anger toward Tamlin & also not forgive yet we are seeing how Tamlin is suffering still by the hand of Feyre but also by his own hand. he brought it upon himself. he has now lost everything & is falling fast into a depression. so i can see a redemption arc coming. again, i would be open to reading it but i'm not eager to forgive or dub him redeemed. he's got a lotta work to do. but i wouldn't say that he cannot be redeemed.
to everyone saying "he doesn't deserve to be redeemed", 1) you're allowed to not want a redemption arc. that's totally fine. but 2) i would disagree... sort of?? no one "deserves" redemption. they earn it. which is why i say i'm open to it & he has a lot of work to do. he has to work & earn that & needs to apologize to those he's wronged with Feyre & Lucien being at the top of the list. but that's my opinion.

uhmmm i think that's the majority of my thoughts on this lol this book was 75% pointless & could have been much shorter or been bonus chapters/tacked onto Silver Flames imo but i would say it's necessary to read since there is a lot of set up for ACOSF