Reviews tagging Death

A Court of Frost and Starlight, by Sarah J. Maas

baearles's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

sierrabedwell's review

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective fast-paced

I liked this book in general because it felt like an extra piece to the Court series. I think that if you’re looking for action and a plot to follow, you may be disappointed in this book. I liked it, because the main focus was about the characters’ reflection as they looked back at the war and looked on themselves and how they felt afterwards. Some struggled more than others, and some characters were still trying to figure out their love lives as well. Overall, I think this book was a good addition, but it isn’t absolutely necessary in order to understand the series. I do think that people should read it, nonetheless.
SpoilerI just wish that Nesta and Cassian would get together already!!! And Elain would speak with Lucien!

mel_s_bookshelf's review against another edition

lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

marisa_n's review

hopeful relaxing slow-paced

This felt like the book equivalent of a TV show Christmas special. It was cute and cozy. Reading about the winter festivities made me was to sit on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa. That said, it didn't really add anything to the series. There were no major conflicts or resolutions. Hopefully, it will provide some useful context for the next book in the series.

booksandteatime's review

adventurous funny fast-paced

adibasultana's review against another edition

emotional sad slow-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A

This was incredibly boring. I also hated the writing style - it was full of self importance. Like I get the idea I just think it could’ve been done better in a way that didn’t make me roll my eyes every few sentences.

emmacartlidge's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful lighthearted tense slow-paced

hannibanani29's review against another edition

emotional hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

planetshelf's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

Though this story did feel like fanfiction — which is a common sentiment — it isn't a particularly bad book, so I do recommend it to ACOTAR fans.

It didn't need to exist; that much is true. But this is a book for people that enjoy these books — not someone looking for a magnificent plot. It feels entirely unfair to see negative reviews from people that decided to read this far out of dislike.

Personally, I don't like Maas’s writing style and enjoyed the previous books for their stories, hence my three-star review on this one; not much happened. I was glad to find that the writing for Rhysand’s voice was much more to my liking than Feyre’s, but I still had my issues with A Court of Frost and Starlight. One is that I just started liking Nesta, and I guess that had to be immediately ruined for me. I do understand where she’s coming from, but she was unnecessary and a damper on my enjoyment of this novella. I would've preferred her to be omitted entirely (Lucian, too for that matter).

mirithyl's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

SJM is on a roll! This novella is also worthy of a 5 star review. Usually I hate POV changes, but SJM wrote it in a way that was really interesting. I had a hard time putting it down, but I had no choice because I have to focus on my graduation project. I can't wait to read the fourth book in the series.
Spoiler I really hope that Cassian and Nesta will end up together and that Feyre and Rhys succeed in conceiving a child, but I'll have to see (or rather read) for myself.
Spoiler