Reviews tagging Blood

A Court of Frost and Starlight, by Sarah J. Maas

baearles's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

sierrabedwell's review

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective fast-paced

I liked this book in general because it felt like an extra piece to the Court series. I think that if you’re looking for action and a plot to follow, you may be disappointed in this book. I liked it, because the main focus was about the characters’ reflection as they looked back at the war and looked on themselves and how they felt afterwards. Some struggled more than others, and some characters were still trying to figure out their love lives as well. Overall, I think this book was a good addition, but it isn’t absolutely necessary in order to understand the series. I do think that people should read it, nonetheless.
SpoilerI just wish that Nesta and Cassian would get together already!!! And Elain would speak with Lucien!

egurgens's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring reflective relaxing sad tense medium-paced

This was a cute little companion novel to the series. We got to see through several different character POV’s, which was nice. This was short and semi-sweet, and was likely written as a lead up to the next books plot and why Nesta is the main character. With Feyre focusing more on Valeria and her family, and tensions rising with the Illyerians, I can see why this book was written. It’ll be odd to read a book without Feyre or Rhys as the main characters, who knows? Maybe I’ll enjoy it.

joyandfaye's review

adventurous dark emotional tense medium-paced