starkanthonys's review against another edition

Don’t remember asking for miss Nadia but ok..

dreamingace's review against another edition

This was a fun lighthearted comic. It is interesting how different the Marvel Movie Universe is compared to the Marvel Comic Universe. Reminds me how comics often feel like a form of Fanfiction.

thecommonswings's review against another edition

I’m no Marvel movie obsessive, but the ones I have enjoyed the most of the handful I’ve seen are the ones with minimal level threat because sometimes the whole universe at risk AGAIN is kind of... boring? So it was nice that the stakes in Ant Man were suitably small scale. And it’s the same here. I frequently enjoy these low end books because they allow for reframing of absurd old characters and can be more character based than overly plotty. It’s minor and throwaway but aren’t all superhero comics meant to be that in some way? Good fun

samanthaa32's review against another edition

Small scale heroes are great. The art and humor was on point, and this book has a lot of heart. Not crazy complex or anything new, but a lot of fun.

themockingbard's review against another edition

Ya know what, I don't know much about this Ant-Man beyond the movie (which I didn't like, thanks for killing off Wasp an oRIGINAL AVENGER guys) but this was pretty funny and sweet. Recommended to me as a Hawkeye-lite, it's nice to go slow for a bit and all jokes at Tony'a expense are good jokes.

tabman678's review against another edition

Ant Man Second Chance Man was a really good read. I’m reading this only a few days after Nick Spencer’s second issue of Spider-Man and I really like this guy’s writing. So far this and Captain America: Steve Rogers are my favorites from him, his Spider-Man looks like it could be really good.

Alright so this is basically a revamp for Scott Lang’s Ant Man. He tries out for a job, has to move to be closer to his daughter, and juggle that with starting a new business.

The comic is on a very small scale but doesn’t feel it. Because it’s about Scott Lang and his struggles and that really worked for me. Another thing that worked for me was the comedy, I was consistently chuckling and had a few big laughs.
I’m going to continue to follow the trades of Nick Spencer’s Ant Man because this was really well written, I liked the light cartoony art style, and I really enjoyed it.

4 stars.

hgeditor's review against another edition

I really liked this! I love when they make the heroes talk like normal people, and here they did it with the villains too. I'd read another.

cm_kayla's review against another edition

Reread this again, takes place when Cassie is in middle school, really funny and enjoyable!

birdmanseven's review against another edition

Wow, that was surprisingly good, much better than Ant-Man Season One. I loved the humor and there was a great cast of supporting players. I'm looking forward to the next volume.

For more on my love of Ant-Man, tune in to this special episode of the All the Books Show! https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/off-the-books-ant-man-ranking-the-mcu?in=allthebooks/sets/marvel-superhero-spotlight

noveladdiction's review against another edition

I'm more familiar with the Hank Pym version of Ant-Man, and even then, barely. So it was nice to be introduced to a new one when he is just getting started (mostly). I still haven't seen the movie, so I'm not sure how this all ties to it, but I'll find out eventually.

Marvel knows how to write humor and sarcasm well - this shows up in both movies and comics. It's what keeps me reading, because I get not only a good (or at least interesting) story, but a few chuckles as well. And that's what I got here. I did enjoy the story, I wanted to see where it's going. But Scott Lang has an amusing sense of humor, and a fascinating sense of optimism.