Mine, by Robert R. McCammon

citizenskein's review

dark tense fast-paced

theboldbookworm's review

3.5 This was my first McCammon and I thought it would be a bit better given all the great things I've heard about his writing. This was a good story that kept me turning the pages, but there a few things that were too unrealistic for me to look past. I was also hoping the ending would be a little more exciting, but it was a bit anticlimactic.

sjgomzi's review

This book was amazing! Another winner from Mr. McCammon! Tense from the first page and only rockets forward from there. I don’t think I’ve ever been this stressed reading a book, and I mean that in the best possible way! It’s a shame Mr. McCammon’s books are so hard to find in print. This guy should be a household name.

ritaisreading's review

adventurous dark emotional medium-paced

craigwallwork's review

Damn. That opening chapter!

raehink's review

A disturbed young woman, convinced that it is hers, kidnaps a baby. This was a scary tale as it seemed so easily plausible to me.

katekate_reads_'s review

Do you enjoy your drama served up with a side of drama? If so - this might be a read for you.

Tessa has dropped her kids off with her parents for the weekend and is heading back home to meet her husband Ethan when he returns from a business trip. Ethan calls to let her know he’s going to be stuck for a few more days because of meetings. Tessa is upset - both about not seeing him and because a hurricane is headed in her direction and now she’ll be facing it alone. When circumstances have her picking up her husband’s iPad - she’s suddenly seeing proof that he’s been having an affair. Before she can think rationally - she’s sent a text to the other woman - Lindsey - asking her to come over.

The wife and the other woman stuck in a house together during a hurricane - intense setup, right? We end up learning a lot about both women and their relationships with Ethan. This was a really quick read and I wanted to see how things would end. The ending was a little unsatisfying to me but it wasn’t a bad way to spend a couple hours. I would compare this to a movie you’re flipping past on a Sunday afternoon, pause to watch for a moment and then realize 2 hours have passed and you watched the whole thing.

Thank you very much to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance reading copy.