Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

thewhitewalters's review against another edition

Best consumed in audiobook format

sophial_reads's review against another edition

emotional funny reflective fast-paced

little0wl's review against another edition

emotional reflective sad medium-paced

medea22's review against another edition

sophie1105's review against another edition

dark emotional inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

babys_first_book11's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad tense medium-paced

coraleva1993's review against another edition

I am yet to read something by Taylor Jenkins Reid that doesn't blow my socks off

jellyannat's review against another edition

funny lighthearted reflective medium-paced

A nice lighthearted beach read, credits to Chloe for emailing me the book to read on my kindle :) I found the format of this book really unique and engaging to me as someone who likes documentaries. It wasn't as gripping as Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, but it was a satisfying read & I'm looking forward to watching the series now

sslovesbooks_1's review against another edition

The story charts the rise and fall of a 1970’s US rock band

So this wouldn’t be something that I would normally read but I enjoyed the ride with a 1970s rock n roll band as they navigated their rise to fame. The band was really cool and Daisy Jones gets herself involved and takes on the songwriting with Billy, the guy who seems to lead the band. This is absolutely a love story mixed with the usual rock n roll features of sex, drugs, alcohol, touring, music, fans, albums and groupies and so much more all set in 1970s LA.

Billy’s biggest challenge is keeping himself clean and throughout I was willing him to stay on the right path, this is the man his family needs and he needs his family. Daisy finds herself in for her an unusual situation, one of unrequited love and she has to learn to deal with that.

The ending was both sad and uplifting, my copy had the words of the bands songs and they were beautiful lyrics. I so wanted them to be songs to music that I could listen to and enjoy

I would give this book a 4.75 star read. I enjoyed the journey and loved the fact it was written in interview form. If I hadn’t known it was a work of fiction I would have been googling them to find out more go buy this if you don’t have it - I’m about to pass it to a work colleague who loves her music. Let’s hope she likes it as much as I did.

kat_bookworm's review against another edition

I really love how this book was written - in interview style with snippets from different characters all combining to tell the story. On the audiobook, this was very fun as it was read by a full cast.
We follow the rise of the band The Six, and separately Daisy Jones, and the magic that happens when two forces join and create musical masterpieces and sell out tours. This is a classic 70s band drama - sex, drugs, rock n roll- and the struggles you would expect to find.
I enjoyed this, it was entertaining and fun - I think the audio really complemented it!