Heart Recaptured, by Tillie Cole

yourfavoritebookbag's review

Ky and Lilah were beautifully broken and perfect for each other

“My soul… belongs to you. You saved me, baby. You wanted me for the me inside. Even looking like this, you make me believe I am enough.”

Lilah is beauty personified. She is ethereal, and anyone that has ever had the chance to experience her beauty has been drawn to her. This has been her undoing. Her sin, as they said. She never saw that her beauty was something to be proud of, but something that became the one thing she tried to escape from.

Ky. The VP of the Hades Hangmen. Styx’s right hand; a playboy and one that loves having a revolving door of fun. He’s a walking dreamboat; he knows it and uses it to his advantage. He didn’t realize that by meeting Lilah it would bring him to his knees.

“Heart Recaptured,” is book two in the Hades Hangmen Series by Tillie Cole. It is a dark MC romance, and picks up with the overall plot that started in book one and continues on with Lilah and Ky’s story. This one was a tougher pill to swallow in regards to how they got to their happy ending. It dealt with the underlying conditions that Lilah was facing being out on her own, within the walls of the MC- her overall fear and uncertainty that she was trying to navigate through, along with the foreign feelings she had been developing for Ky. He became her safe place as the story went on, but the overall trauma and brainwashing that she endured made it really hard to get to their happy ending. It showcased that beauty was only skin deep, and what truly matters is the heart of the person you’re sharing your soul with.

Trigger Warning Advised.

covertocovergirl's review

Almost all the stars for this one! This author, this book, made me feel every emotion imaginable x 10.. not for the faint of heart.. and I was faint of heart several times. Best of all the ending leaves you wanting more.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 of 5

nightreads's review

So good and so intense! I’m glad I’m finally catching up with the series

infte's review

dark emotional tense medium-paced

10gen16's review

IDK, I just didn't really like the pairing. Also Lila still thinks that she is "cursed", which sits badly with me. It was definitely insta-love, but in this context I don't mind it that much. I think the biggest problem I had was that the plot was basically the same as "It ain't me babe" but just with less likeable characters. I liked the outings at the beginning, but a vast maority of the book felt like deja-vu. However, I did like Lila's whole past arc, that was really interesting.

nbiblioholic's review

Oh wow!! Kinda thought I knew what to expect from the first book but I was soooooooo wrong!! Loved the book but I have to admit something... Sometimes I wanted to reach into the story and shake (de)Lilah... Scramble her brain a little bit back to normal. There is a HEA which I thoroughly appreciated because these characters needed some semblance of peace!! The heroes in these books are to die for... Literally. Give me my cut and let's ride lol.

I'm so excited for book three. Flame has captivated me since book one and I need to hear his story and learn how he helps Maddie find her peace. And with book four... Still trying to figure out how Mrs. Cole is going to redeem Rider/Cain after all of his crazy shenanigans!!

rachelreadsravenously's review

DNF at 60%

I think me and Tillie Cole are just not meant to be. Everyone else loves her books but my nickname stands true, I am the wildcard reader and they aren't for me.

I think the idea of this series is very interesting, cults and mc clubs. I just don't like the characters.

amb3reads's review

5 out of 5 Stars

Heart Recaptured is book 2 in the Hades Hangmen Series. I really enjoyed Heart Recaptured and can't wait to continue with the Hades Hangmen Series. I loved Ky and Lilah.

bookwifereviews's review

I liked this book but not as much as the first one. The first one I absolutely loved. But Styx and his studder is the greatest thing of all time and no amount looks can beat that. So I knew Ky wasn't going to live up to Styx.

This one I had trouble reading though. I can't explain why exactly.. Lilah. She just broke me. Everything about her broke me. I can't even comprehend how she sees herself and wanting to go back to that place. Her life is absolutely tragic and I have no way of connecting to her at all.. on any level. I mean I understood why she felt she needed to get back to the order.. kind of. no see I don't. I can't even comprehend that. That's why I liked the first book more because Mae wanted out.

And holy crap the abuse in this book is so much worse than it was in the first one. Honestly I read a lot of darker romance books and this one was pretty rough. If you can't stomach violence and rape then for real do not read it.

Flame and Maddie's story I think is going to scare me.. I'm going to read it because I have to know.. but I am a little nervous about him. He seems to be just as off as the girls are. We shall see!