Reviews for Love & Gelato, by Jenna Evans Welch

celestemarin's review

Yes, I read it because it had "gelato" in the title. Even though the cover image includes an unapproved gelato flavor. This book had two important problems:
1. It describes stracciatella as the best flavor of gelato.
2. They have conversations while riding a scooter.
It did a good job dealing with some serious themes (death of a parent, difficulty relating to other people while grieving, moving to a new culture, leaving friends behind, getting to know a parent for the first time, emotionally manipulative boyfriend, poor internet connectivity) while still being a fairly light and upbeat book. I found Lina's voice to be self-deprecating and smart but also realistic as a teenager--e.g. "It was the longest 10 minutes of my life."

kdinnocenti's review

Not the most elevated novel, but I did enjoy visualizing the streets of Florence as the character visited spots I've been to many times!

charrosie127's review

adventurous funny hopeful medium-paced

my absolute favorite book ever!!!!!!!!

jeanne25's review against another edition

My genre is not romance. I am not sure why I picked this book to read. I read multiple books at one time. Sometimes when reading something particularly though provoking, I also like to read "fluff" along side it.
The story was interesting if not original. There weren't any surprises or twists that wowed me. Much like a Hallmark movie, it was filled with innocence and romance. The characters were likeable and (even more importantly) believable. It was a good story, well written and it flowed easily. Love & Gelato didn't make enough of an impression that I will remember months later what it was exactly about but it did accomplish what it was meant to do. It entertained me and left me feeling good.

miiaemilia's review

hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

emilyling19's review

adventurous emotional lighthearted medium-paced

katie_reads107's review

emotional funny lighthearted mysterious sad fast-paced

julianne31's review against another edition

Such a cute book!

agigliotti758's review against another edition

Beautiful story about a girl figuring out her mother, her future, and love all set against the beauty and history of Florence. Great characters, great details, great read.

readswithlive's review

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing slow-paced