Hang the Moon, by Alexandria Bellefleur

alexarmoore's review

I loved getting Brendon’s story! Annie’s story was very relatable and I think that loneliness is something a lot of older 20 somethings feel. In the end I did like Annie and a Brendan together. However, I felt that them getting together was a-little predictable and it seemed like the cheaters regressed to fit within each others lives. I love the found family elements in these books and I cannot wait for the next one!

basiltass's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

allisonargent's review

This was so cute urggggg. I also loved how much more the ~supporting characters were in this (because that was one of my issues with Written in the Stars) and just the whole trajectory of the plot. The “big hurdle” that always comes in at the 75% mark was also very genuine which I appreciated.

melee176's review

funny lighthearted

lusciousbug's review

i loved this way too much and took my time reading this, couldve finished it in a day but NOO i took my sweet time reading this. i disliked the whole idea of falling in love too fast myself too, but this made it work? i mean it IS fictional haha

aavandam's review

mannttha's review

Hang the Moon is the companion novel to Written in the Stars. In this book we follow Darcy’s brother, Brendon and Darcy’s best friend, Annie. Annie flies to Seattle to surprise Darcy but when she shows up Darcy isn’t there and Brendon steps up to entertain her till Darcy gets home.

While I did really enjoy Written in the Stars, Hang the Moon was really not for me. I personally did not enjoy how Rom-com this book was. Every situation felt over the top and unrealistic to me. Even though this is what ultimately ruined this book for me, I think a lot of people will enjoy this. I see this book as the perfect beach read for someone who is looking for a fast and fun book. While you don’t have to read Written in the Stars to read this book I do recommend reading them together because you get to know the characters before you’re thrown into their personal stories.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book!

moonreads's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

dawnjoy's review

Super annoying male lead, a story I didn't care about

rosiebooks10's review

✨5/5 Rating✨

Spoilers & Thoughts Below!!

•A cute rom-com story that had me smiling from start to finish.

•Brendon, who is a complete romantic sets out to prove to Annie, who has sworn off relationships that romance isn’t dead and happily forevers do exist.

•I absolutely loved this book so much, it had so many amazing tropes including childhood crush, friends to lovers, the one bed, and cheesy romantic moments.

•Dual POVs of Annie and Brendon.

•Enjoyed all the 90s romance movie references, especially When Harry Met Sally.

•Liked how we got more of Darcy and Elle’s story, which if you haven’t read their book I also highly recommend!

•The pacing in the beginning of the book was somewhat slow but definitely moved along towards the middle.

•I feel like this book was also just a love letter to Seattle and as the reader I loved getting to explore and fall in love with the city like Annie did.

•Annie and Brendon’s chemistry was incredible, their banter was hilarious and they were so adorable. Just absolutely loved their development.

•There is some spice, wasn’t a lot but it still was really good and Brendon was just a consent king!

•Honestly, Brendon’s character is the reason why I fell in love with this book so much. He was adorable, funny, believes in love, watches romance movies, loves Disneyland and even has an UP tattoo. He even gave Annie the space and the time she needed to sort out her feelings and choices. Like where can I find a guy like him!

•Annie was also such a relatable character especially regarding her insecurities about relationships and caring more than the other person. Definitely connected with her so much.

•One of my favorite parts of this book is the discussions regarding public love declarations and what comes after those happily ever afters we see on screen or read about.

•The epilogue was perfect and I was just crying with happiness.

•Overall, just an adorable romance story that will leave you believing in love.