sheepy13's review

Pretty good character guide, although nothing I could say was revealing or you won't know if you've seen the majority of the series or read the manga.

The best part of this for me was the transcribed interview with Horikoshi & Kubo it was quite nice to read for me.

oro91's review

It was helpful to have a list of characters and quirks but I didn’t like the format. Many of the sections weren’t helpful. For example, each character had 4 relationships listed but they often weren’t key relationships and the connections were random.

The summary of major events was all over the place and not very helpful. It was also done with tiny reproductions of scenes that were hard to read.

I would use this as a reference while reading if you forget a name that’s mentioned but that’s about it.

sarahhoffmeyer's review

I love when creators break down pieces of their universes and stories! Analysis books like this are a great way to bring your audience deeper into the narrative.

While I love the concept behind an ultra analysis guide, this character guide isn't the best example of one. Most of the information on the characters are things already mentioned in the manga/anime and, likely because of spoiler content, the information stays anime relevant, meaning lots of newer content is left out.

The sketches and interview at the end of the book are a fun insight into Horikoshi's thought process and art style!

dervs's review

funny informative lighthearted medium-paced

a_pile_of_bones's review

adventurous informative lighthearted medium-paced

I liked learning about all the characters in MHA

taylor_mcclernon's review

adventurous inspiring medium-paced

libreva's review

funny informative relaxing fast-paced

marjolaine_lafreniere's review against another edition

I never thought I would see this book with my own eyes! I can't believe they have it at my local library! And the people who got to it before me didn't hack off the color pages! I feel blessed.

It's a great book, every My Hero Academia fan should read it if they can. The only semi-negative is that it was published when the manga was reaching about the end of Volume 8, which means even the anime only fans are further ahead than this official guide. Still, it's great!

am2s's review