The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown

jessthebookworm's review against another edition

This is the second book in the Robert Langdon series, and follows after the events in Angels and Demons, where the protagonist delved into the legend of the Illuminati.

Now, Langdon is called to the Louvre museum in Paris, where the curator has been found dead, having left behind symbology that must be deciphered to find the secret to the Holy Grail, before such knowledge is lost forever.

Once again, Langdon must rely on his knowledge of ancient symbols and puzzle solving skills to find the answers, all the while being on the run from the threat of law enforcement on his tail. It is fast paced and filled with very interesting theories about the beginning of Christianity and on Christ himself.

I really enjoyed this book, in fact much more than the first one. Will probably continue with this series in the future, as I think I have the Lost Symbol at home.

lukestonewalker's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted mysterious relaxing fast-paced

readbylinda's review

adventurous challenging informative mysterious slow-paced

courtneynreed's review against another edition

I liked the progression of this novel much better than Angels and Demons. It felt like it had a more intricate flow and was more indiscernible as I was reading it, compared to the feeling of knowing what was coming next in Brown's first work. Brown also seemed to do much more research into different culture's views of the sacred feminine. Things fact checked nicely and things worked in the end as loose ends came together.
I don't think Brown needs to have Langdon fall in love with every woman he meets for day, but I guess that's okay, too.
Overall, very good read. I look forward to reading more of Brown's works.

nikireads100's review against another edition

Wow is almost all I can say about this book. It very well crafted and full of truth and lore, because it is so well done I am excited to read the next Langdon book, but that will be while.

bleary's review against another edition

I don't think it's big or clever to sneer at popular blockbusters, but sweet jesus is this a tiresome novel.

lisaperi's review

adventurous challenging hopeful informative mysterious reflective tense fast-paced

youvegotnotalent's review

adventurous informative mysterious medium-paced

aleighshareads13's review against another edition

3.5/5 stars

bookedwithgloria's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

I will say that the writing style really isn’t for everyone so some of the reviews are justifiable but I genuinely do love the writing, the pacing and especially the subject matter. Give me history, conspiracy, religion and mystery and I’m sold.