Ich brenne für dich, by Tahereh Mafi

maria_rita19's review against another edition

I have only one thing to say about this mgnificent, amazing, incredible, breath-taking, hart-stopping final installmnet: it ignited myself. All of me. Go read this trilogy. You won't be disappointed. I promise.

thefaeriesden's review against another edition

Did I finish this within 9 hours? Yes I did.
Am I tired? Extremely.
Was it worth it? A million time yes.

Do I need to rest my brain for a couple of days to gather my thoughts to even be able to write a review? Yes, definitely

thetallgirlthatreads's review against another edition

reading this book in 2020 I was so happy to have been able to read all 6 non-stop. Anyways I just loved this book, the relationships that got to build, specifically one, were just so nice to read about.

I also love Warner sooooo

dflick2012's review against another edition

I am so torn between a 2 and a 3. I'm going with a 2 because I am disappointing by the ending. While I like it, it was only okay. I'm glad she ended up with Warner. I'm glad they defeated the Reestablishment. I think that Adam is okay with things in the end. I'm glad they can now be brothers.

But I would have wanted more with the brothers. More depth with Juliette and Warner's relationship. I wanted a better war. I wanted a better death for Anderson. It felt rushed. It felt lame. What was he trying to say? It felt like there was something there that wasn't fully used. I really do not think Juliette will be a good ruler. Her change was too quick and too dramatic.

Also, speaking of dramatics, I think it is going too far to have her power be basically complete destruction and immunity from bullets, but that is just me.

So in the end, not super excited by this book. Great series to start, loved it when Warner got more into it with the second book in the series, but this ending was just a let down.

moosmoo's review against another edition

Juliette wakes up to the news that it’s over, most of the people she loves are dead.

The uprising is gone, bombed by the reestablihsment, Juliette is back with Warner and she learns his true reasons for his fascination with her.

Caught between the brothers, she doesn’t seem to recognise Adam, he has become aggressive and cold - he’s not the person she knew before.

Warner is changing into a better man, or so we are led to believe, he wants his father dead and the reestablishment toppled, he joins forces with Juliette and what is left of the uprising, whilst Adam is determined to stay behind, devastated to learn that Juliette no longer feels the same for him as she once did.

I liked the complete change of direction for the characters in this book, almost like the brothers switched completely. I felt for Juliette but I felt proud of her for realising her potential without Adam and how he was actually holding her back rather than helping her move forward.

The ending was intense and felt like all the hard work had paid off for Juliette, through her struggles and her pain she had finally learnt to control her powers, I’m looking forward to seeing where the next book leads as it could literally go anywhere from here!

evmreah's review against another edition

dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced

alwaysbereadin's review against another edition

I've really enjoyed this series. I'm so glad I waited until Restore Me came out before reading this. Because that ending was not enough. Plus I found the "war" rather underwhelming considering they've been training for it for like a book and a half.

insouciantt's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

My favourite book in the series so far. This was honestly a masterpiece. I love Kenji and his humour. I love Aaron's and Juliettes relationship and how it blossomed. Will definitely be rereading this.

hongan's review against another edition

UGH I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!

This book had such great character development!! I loved seeing Juliette change and love herself more and HER FRIENDSHIP WITH KENJI AHHH! Also WARNERRRJDHDHSHDJ

This book put me through so many emotions and I laughed out loud during so many parts (especially whenever Kenji speaks

tomeraver's review against another edition

well... how to sum up my total reaction for this book in one word: meh. Starting with the positive stuff: loved Juliette's character evolvation, she goes from wimpy to badass in one book, however i kind of wanted this to happen a little earlier in the trilogy. I never liked the character Adam, and always prefered her with Warner so i wished that the author let us make the decision ourselves instead of manipulating Adam's character. At the end i kind of felt cheated as it was over too fast. i think that we should have gotten more information from Anderson instead of just out right killing him. it made me feel like she was taking her time throughout the book biut then got to pg 300 and said shit nothing is happening, so everything felt rushed. And finaly the thing that bothered me the most was that 1 juliette decides that she is suddenly going to be the leader and 2 that no one even questioned it. i mean come on people there isn't any one more qualified in all of North America????? i get that she feels that she has changed now but man baby steps!! a book ago you barely talked and wanted nothing to do with the resistance. ugh i could go on all day, bottom line maybe there should be a fourth book, but would i read it? thats still up for debate. all in all it was a quick read and that if you want to read it go on ahead as it is still a good trilogy to get into if you are looking for something new.