Reviews tagging Drug use

To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

1 review

rebbawskaced's review against another edition

inspiring reflective sad slow-paced

This was a book that most of my friends got to read in school, but somehow never was covered during my school days. I picked it up without knowing what it was about, and gave it a try.

The first 50% of the book could have been maybe one or two chapters long and gotten the same point across. This didn't really pick up until the trial scenes, and most of the early stuff is typical 'my life as a child' content. It wasn't particularly interesting, but I suppose it added context to later events. I still feel like it could have been a lot shorter and gotten the same point across.

The trial was by far the most interesting part of the book, fast-paced and anxiety inducing. I couldn't wait to see what happened next, and was disappointed that the fast pace didn't keep up after that.

The characters were mostly enjoyable, and the children were portrayed in an accurate way for the ages they were. Atticus Finch was by far my favorite, and although he seemed to be a strange father, he always did right by his kids. That was a nice breath of fresh air in literature (especially older literature) and I very much enjoyed his relationship to everyone else in the town. If more people thought like Atticus Finch the world would be a better place.